Hacking Chaos;Head Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua and Hollow Ataraxia English Patch Vita?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that possible? the PC version already have a fan-translation. Is it possible to take that and apply it to the Vita version? If so, is that possible for Chaos;Head as well?
If it is possible, how difficult would it be to do something like that?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that possible? the PC version already have a fan-translation. Is it possible to take that and apply it to the Vita version? If so, is that possible for Chaos;Head as well?
If it is possible, how difficult would it be to do something like that?
Of course it's possible. Everything's possible. Though it won't be as simple as just copying a plaintext English PC file and pasting it into a decrypted Vita .vpk. The difficulty would depend on the filesystems used. Some games are significantly easier to translate than others because of how their files are structured. We wouldn't know how difficult it would be until someone opened the game up and tried out for themselves. And someone has actually looked into it. I can't link it because of piracy concerns, but just google "Chaos;head english vita".

That being said, I'd much rather see effort being put into a Chaos;Child translation instead.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Chaos;Head uses rUGP engine which means it's going to be hell to work with.

2. Someone got text insertion working for Fate/Stay Night but the translation is crap, so there's really no point in doing that. The font used in-game is also rather terrible and not at all good for English text. The text rendering also appears to be hard-coded to be fixed width.

3. Hollow Ataraxia is basically useless without Fate, and I'm not sure if they've been able to insert text or not yet.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried inserting a few english lines into [Realta Nua] just to see how it looks:

HngQ5F9.jpg
0yL8Tj4.jpg
uv2Dsi4.jpg

I can share my findings if someone interested in porting translation.

Shenyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Tried inserting a few english lines into [Realta Nua] just to see how it looks:

I can share my findings if someone interested in porting translation.

Hi! I'm interested in your findings (I even registered here only to ask you about it) and would like to know the way to port FSN english translation to Vita-version (though I'm not an expert at hacking/programming and probably won't be too helpful if this task requires some hardcore skills in this area, I would like to do the best I can). Answer me pls if you can (and would want to) share it, please.

Last edited by Shenyan,

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, as you can see no one is interested besides you. I don't want to spend time and put my effort into something people doesn't care about.

Shizuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, as you can see no one is interested besides you. I don't want to spend time and put my effort into something people doesn't care about.

I care about and I know other people that would, I just don't know if gauging interest from a thread here would be indicative of overall interest.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here! I'd probably be able to finish it if I can bring it with me on the go!
You wanna know what's funny?
There's a way to get Realta Nua, full version, in English, running on your phone. Android or iOS.
Same thing for Hollow Ataraxia.
If anyone's interested, I can link some useful stuff here. (fan made patches, voice patch, etc. Nothing illegal)

Here's a proof video of me trying Hollow Ataraxia on iOS

Here's another example of this method working with full voice, but on a different VN

This is probably the best method if you really, really want to play the Fate/Stay Night and Hollow Ataraxia VN in English, and on the go.
If you're on Android, you can even grab Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya on the go as well (Though the Vita already has a forked version of VNDS Tsukihime.)

Last edited by Pokem,
Reactions: dmc310 and Tiaph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock