Gaming changing to PHOTOFAST CR-5400 DUAL MICRO SD TO MS PRO DUO ADA

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How good are PHOTOFAST CR-5400 DUAL MICRO SD TO MS PRO DUO ADAPTER, Sony PRO DUO memory is geting very expensive and hard to get non fakes so I am thinking of changing over

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I will keep going with Sony memory sticks because I have been told that I am getting some 16GB ones for my 63 birthday in a few weeks
Happy Days

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RedBaron said:
How good are PHOTOFAST CR-5400 DUAL MICRO SD TO MS PRO DUO ADAPTER, Sony PRO DUO memory is geting very expensive and hard to get non fakes so I am thinking of changing over

No matter how many people tell you that they work fine, they can corrupt your micro sd cards (frequently, bye-bye saves), the adapter can simply stop working, the adapter can also cause your psp to stop reading memory sticks. If you use 2 16gb microsd cards, you're practically guaranteed corruption. There are a lot of potential issues in using one. I have a memory card reader with a memory stick slot that doesn't work anymore after trying to read the photofast. The photofast also no longer words, and neither do the 2 8gb microsd cards I sacrificed to the cause.

..but for the vast majority of people, they seem to work. Your mileage may vary.

For best results get an official Sony Mark 2 or Sandisk Ultra II stick instead. Sandisk regular sticks work fine as well, but if (like me) you were unlucky enough to get some slow ones, performance suffers. Never, never buy Lexar memory sticks, they are the absolute worst of the bunch. Far too slow for PSP usage.

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
RedBaron said:

No matter how many people tell you that they work fine, they can corrupt your micro sd cards (frequently, bye-bye saves), the adapter can simply stop working, the adapter can also cause your psp to stop reading memory sticks. If you use 2 16gb microsd cards, you're practically guaranteed corruption. There are a lot of potential issues in using one. I have a memory card reader with a memory stick slot that doesn't work anymore after trying to read the photofast. The photofast also no longer words, and neither do the 2 8gb microsd cards I sacrificed to the cause.

..but for the vast majority of people, they seem to work. Your mileage may vary.

For best results get an official Sony Mark 2 or Sandisk Ultra II stick instead. Sandisk regular sticks work fine as well, but if (like me) you were unlucky enough to get some slow ones, performance suffers. Never, never buy Lexar memory sticks, they are the absolute worst of the bunch. Far too slow for PSP usage.
Lexar Mark 2 Gaming Edition works amazing, definite upgrade from an ordinary sandisk...

D

Deleted User

They work, but if you're planning to move files frequently then definitely go with an official card / major brand, because as LilSypha says they're quite prone to corruption and random failiure. Also, don't type in capitol letters it seriously ticks some people off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: