changing to PHOTOFAST CR-5400 DUAL MICRO SD TO MS PRO DUO ADA

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by RedBaron, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RedBaron
    OP

Newcomer RedBaron GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    How good are PHOTOFAST CR-5400 DUAL MICRO SD TO MS PRO DUO ADAPTER, Sony PRO DUO memory is geting very expensive and hard to get non fakes so I am thinking of changing over

2. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    they work.
    not much more you can say really.

3. RedBaron
    OP

Newcomer RedBaron GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I think I will keep going with Sony memory sticks because I have been told that I am getting some 16GB ones for my 63 birthday in a few weeks
    Happy Days

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Seriously just buy a Sandisk....

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    No matter how many people tell you that they work fine, they can corrupt your micro sd cards (frequently, bye-bye saves), the adapter can simply stop working, the adapter can also cause your psp to stop reading memory sticks. If you use 2 16gb microsd cards, you're practically guaranteed corruption. There are a lot of potential issues in using one. I have a memory card reader with a memory stick slot that doesn't work anymore after trying to read the photofast. The photofast also no longer words, and neither do the 2 8gb microsd cards I sacrificed to the cause.

..but for the vast majority of people, they seem to work. Your mileage may vary.

For best results get an official Sony Mark 2 or Sandisk Ultra II stick instead. Sandisk regular sticks work fine as well, but if (like me) you were unlucky enough to get some slow ones, performance suffers. Never, never buy Lexar memory sticks, they are the absolute worst of the bunch. Far too slow for PSP usage.

6. Apk07

Newcomer Apk07 Advanced Member

United States
    Lexar Mark 2 Gaming Edition works amazing, definite upgrade from an ordinary sandisk...

7. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    They work, but if you're planning to move files frequently then definitely go with an official card / major brand, because as LilSypha says they're quite prone to corruption and random failiure. Also, don't type in capitol letters it seriously ticks some people off.