changing sx os to atmosphere

OggieBoogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi, i use SX OS which sadly doesn't get updates anymore...
How hard it is to install atmosphere instead\in addition to sx?
is there a risk of bricking the console?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No risk at all, and not hard. What's hard, is knowing how to setup the various .ini files, if you use a "pack" or follow a guide, instead of reading the readme files and looking at the .ini templates.

At this point, you'll want to upgrade your firmware and kick SX to the curb altogether. If you use emuEMMC, I do not recommend trying to use the NYX (hekate) migrate function. It's easy enough to make it work manually as-is, whether you use file-based or partition. At least make backups of both your (emu)EMMC(s) , and your SD card, before trying anything besides placing the files on your card and booting from them.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i use SX OS which sadly doesn't get updates anymore...
How hard it is to install atmosphere instead\in addition to sx?
is there a risk of bricking the console?
I don't see why setting up a CFW would risk bricking your console. In fact, since SX OS had brick code, it was easier to brick your Switch with SX OS than Atmosphere. As for setting it up, since SX OS uses Atmosphere code, its the same difficulty.

OggieBoogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I don't see why setting up a CFW would risk bricking your console. In fact, since SX OS had brick code, it was easier to brick your Switch with SX OS than Atmosphere. As for setting it up, since SX OS uses Atmosphere code, its the same difficulty.
great news! where can i find a tutorial on how to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.