Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I always had the 2gb default SD card in my 3DS... but it was getting cramped with my photos and Demos... so last night I got myself a 16GB SD and copied all the stuff from the 2GB SD to the 16GB SD... placed it in my 3DS... all was fine, apps were there, photos were there... all perfect.

This morning I open up my 3Ds... and now the apps are gone... no swap notes, no netflix, no nintendo video... no game demos I loaded from the eshop... I check the album and all my photos from the SD card are there... reboot... still nothing... I go to the app store, redownloaded Swapnote, now it shows perfectly on the home menu, but all my notes I had in it are gone... I opened kid icarus and it gave me the message that it was creating extra data... I opened Mii plaza, and I was missing all the new puzzles I had and it was about to create extra data as I was to access the FindMii 2... and thats when I got scared 'cuz I'm like at my 3rd walkthrough in that Findmii and I really dont want to restart everything.

So I then re-copied everything back on the 2GB SD Card and everything was fine again...

Are the SD card signed to the console? So changing SD card means loosing everything?? How can I do the change from the default 2GB without loosing anything?

Thanks!

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what brand is your sd card and where did you buy it?

could be some weird named brand or you bought it from hong kong on ebay?

Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just did and this is what the test gives me:

Warning: Only 15390 of 15391 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.3 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

If it werent a real SD card, how would it work with the photos and not with the appz?

what brand is your sd card and where did you buy it? could be some weird named brand or you bought it from hong kong on ebay?

ADATA SD HC 16GB Class 10

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Perhaps it was a fake sd card? Test it with h2testw.
I used that on my microSD and now it's corrupted.

No, the SD card was corrupted, and the application just made you aware of it!

There's plenty of info on the site about these scam cards and why they appear to work up until a point, if you're genuinely interested in finding out exactly what's up with your card.

googs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
might be that the 16 GB card was too awesome for the 3ds to handle! nah i joke.. could be too much space on the card as in it can hold a bit too much for your consoles liking...

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
You new sd card is simply of bad quality or defect. If you were able to use it once and then lose everything, it means your card got corrupted. I am looking at ADATA's website and it is said that your card is under a lifetime warranty. Get it replace.

Pip'

eastbayarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slave,

sounds like your card was bad. Happened to me before with a 32gb microSD card I bought from ebay. I got a refund for mine after giving the seller the error that h2testw generated. Sounds like yours was a cheap clone from china that was hacked to show 16gb when in reality, it is probably on 2gb (if that) capacity. You really should get a refund if possible, and get another from a reputable seller.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Slave,

sounds like your card was bad. Happened to me before with a 32gb microSD card I bought from ebay. I got a refund for mine after giving the seller the error that h2testw generated. Sounds like yours was a cheap clone from china that was hacked to show 16gb when in reality, it is probably on 2gb (if that) capacity. You really should get a refund if possible, and get another from a reputable seller.

I don't think so. His results say "Test finished without errors."

doesn't sound like a faulty card to me!

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also may be a format issue.
Maybe not, but u could try wiping the card, insert it into 3ds, redownload everything u used to have.
(Get through the creating extra data blah blah.)
When you're done, remove the card and overwrite all files and folders from your 2gb onto your 16gb.
I had a puzzle swap issue when I switched from the 2 to an 8. Did what I posted above and haven't had a problem since.
After you've tried everything you can, if it still doesn't work, get an exchange on your card.
Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn