Changing SD card after CBHC installation

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by themusicmonkey, May 1, 2019.

1. themusicmonkey
    OP

themusicmonkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I've finished a setup of Cold Boot Haxchi on my Wii U system. Do I need to keep all the installation files from the Homebrew Channel, Haxchi etc on my SD card or are they now stored on the internal memory?

If I do have to keep the files on my SD card - would upgrading the size of my SD card be a case of copying over the files from my current SD card to the next, or is it not that simple?

Thanks in advance

2. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    i never tried, but haxchi and cbhc it should be stored in the console internal memory, inside the DS VC game.

You could try to boot the console without the sd inserted.

What is needed, is the homebrew in /wiiu/apps inside the sd card, those are loaded when you open the homebrew launcher

3. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Yes, the Haxchi installer can be removed from your SD card, as can anything in sd:/install - its all on your console.

Yes, you can simply copy the files to a bigger SD card. The only exception to this is if you use redNAND, copying redNAND is a bit harder.

4. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Only when you boot it from the bootmenu. You can start the hb launcher in cbhc without a card.

5. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    Yes but without the card is a bit pointless, because there are no apps to launch

6. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Yeah i know. But thats not the point from the OP ;)