ROM Hack changing rom region

Morph233

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sky3ds requires that the rom region be the same as the 3ds region...

I've been browsing the forums and came across http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH that talks about how the 3DS roms use region locking...

I tried to use winhex to find the spot but all I found were FF's at 0x2018 (I must be looking in the wrong place)
"0x2018 0x4 Region Lockout"

3dsExplorer seems to tell me all the details I want but can't seem to make edits (can I?)

Anyways, if I do figure out where that "Region Lockout" area is via winhex, will the rom still work? It seems there are signatures/hash's that may be used to verify the rom hasn't been tampered with.

Thoughts? Utilities I could use? Guides?

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for one thing, the rom has to be decrypted and another, the 0x2018 address is in the icon.bin file after you extract the exefs.bin file.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sky3ds requires that the rom region be the same as the 3ds region...
I've been browsing the forums and came across http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH that talks about how the 3DS roms use region locking...
I tried to use winhex to find the spot but all I found were FF's at 0x2018 (I must be looking in the wrong place)
"0x2018 0x4 Region Lockout"
You will have to wait for someone to decrypt 3DS roms first, the region lock is in the rom itself just look at how some games have more then one language and can automatically detect the language on your 3ds, it checks the 3DS System region as well using the same concept so the only way to remove region locking is by using an exploit like gateway or there is a 3DS Download play exploit that can force boot a game though, works on all 3DS/2DS's (except N3DS).
you can read more here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night