Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shpinxis said:
Just wondering if anyone new has tinkered with this. I changed my wii serial number with the setting.txt editor but I am wondering if that is enough for it to actually change in the NAND. When I call nintendo I want them to be seeing the new serial number I entered in.
In theory.. they should be able to see that it is tampered with. But the question is will they know if it was the Wii Serial number. I don't think anyone has done that and sent their wii in so I'd say just try it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you having a videophone or something. How is nintendo suposed to see your serial if you call them?
So you are probably trying to use the shopping channel which is not working, and now you want to call Nintendo for help?
To my knowledge, the wii contains a small eeprom memory as well, but I don't know what is stored in that. Fact is that it's separate from the nand.
Another thing they can find out of your wii is it's MAC adress. That's unique for every wii as well.
But, I don't know if they use it or not. I do know they are not very helpfull if they find out your wii has been modded.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changing the SN with setting.txt should do the trick. Only problem is you may not know what the original SN was, it may not match the case of the wii. If you have an original nand.bin, you can extract the setting.txt from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9FyLsfDzw&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=7&pp=8AUB