changed SD and microSD cards and lost half my omega ruby save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FatalX, Dec 4, 2015.

1. FatalX
    OP

FatalX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    Canada
    so I recently changed SD and microSD cards for more memory, I reinstalled gateway and all my games by copying and pasting the saves in the SD card, they're all working fine except strangely omega ruby which restarts me from my save halfway through the game. I tried even deleting all the saves on the SD card, and the game still starts me from the same spot despite there being no save.. do the Pokemon games function differently through the save files? why is it losing an older save and what could have happened to my most recent file?

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Pokemon X/Y/OR/SA are card2 games, that means they save directly inside the rom.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Maybe it didn't save properly last time you played. With Gateway to get the save to save you have to quit the game with the Home button and then tap Close. Although that might not apply to card 2 games like Pokemon. If it wasn't that, I have no idea but will be interested in the answer if someone can figure it out!