Hacking Change System Micro SD, New 3DSXL

rusty_train

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

if this has been answered, please link me to it, if not, how do i transfer emunand from one MicroSD to another, i did the format emunand on the original 4gb that came with the n3dsXL but i got a new 32gb today and i was wondering on how to swap it over

Thanks,
Gateway Noob

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately due to the stupidity of Nintendo's design team, you'll have to unscrew the battery lid off the n3DS so you can take out the MicroSD card and extract the emunand partition using the emunand tool so that you can inject it into your new MicroSD card. You have to setup emunand again with gateway menu on the new card first though. Then you can use emunand tool to inject the emunand you extracted from the other card. You need a PC with an SD/microSD card reader to do this FYI. One reason why you have to physically remove the microSD card from your n3DS. Which is a bit of a chore for the n3DS unfortunately. :P

rusty_train

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately due to the stupidity of Nintendo's design team, you'll have to unscrew the battery lid off the n3DS so you can take out the MicroSD card and extract the emunand partition using the emunand tool so that you can inject it into your new MicroSD card. You have to setup emunand again with gateway menu on the new card first though. Then you can use emunand tool to inject the emunand you extracted from the other card. You need a PC with an SD/microSD card reader to do this FYI. One reason why you have to physically remove the microSD card from your n3DS. Which is a bit of a chore for the n3DS unfortunately. :P

i know about the unscrew bit but was wondering on the other parts

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Get emunand tool. it's in a thread not too far from the same section of the forum you posted this thread in. Use that to extract the emunand from your 4gb microsd card. Then setup emunand on the 32GB card using Gateway's menu. Then take that out and put it into your PC and use emunand tool to inject the file overwriting the emunand Gateway created. Voila! You transferred emunand to a new card. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro