Homebrew Change Region of 3DS?

Spider123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a code for Pokemon Tretta Lab for some time now, and it was announced that it will be removed from the eShop this week.

The code only works on the Japanese eShop, and I was wondering if there was a way to completely change my 3DS region so I can access the eShop? Or any other possible means of achieving the same result.

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had a code for Pokemon Tretta Lab for some time now, and it was announced that it will be removed from the eShop this week.

The code only works on the Japanese eShop, and I was wondering if there was a way to completely change my 3DS region so I can access the eShop? Or any other possible means of achieving the same result.
What is your current 3DS region?
Your Firmware?
Are you Userland or CFW?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Probably not. You can region change, but getting eShop working on a region changed console is tricky. It's supposed to be possible, but all I've heard of are failures.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few 3DS, and the lowest firmware I have is 9.9.0-26U.

I am NTSC, and not sure about the last part.
Userland = launching homebrew that are somewhat limited depending on the exploit via game or browser or the old MSET,
CFW = an inboot Modifier that disables Security checks, applies patches to the System, disables Signatures (this is what lets unoffical and pirated CIAs work,) and alot more under the hood., if you have Luma, Cakes, RXtools , ReiNand or any sort of EmuNAND, then you have CFW.

the one w/ FW 9.9 shoudl easily be setup w/ CFW. https://3ds.guide/ atm 11.4/5 are only ones needing hardmod/DSiWare exploit/NTRBoot (ak2i/R4i 3DS Gold) to achive CFW. everything else you can do freely.

Spider123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Userland = launching homebrew that are somewhat limited depending on the exploit via game or browser or the old MSET,
CFW = an inboot Modifier that disables Security checks, applies patches to the System, disables Signatures (this is what lets unoffical and pirated CIAs work,) and alot more under the hood., if you have Luma, Cakes, RXtools , ReiNand or any sort of EmuNAND, then you have CFW.

the one w/ FW 9.9 shoudl easily be setup w/ CFW. https://3ds.guide/ atm 11.4/5 are only ones needing hardmod/DSiWare exploit/NTRBoot (ak2i/R4i 3DS Gold) to achive CFW. everything else you can do freely.

Appreciate it!

By doing this, will I be able to access the other region's eShop? Or is that just not possible?

And if so, are there... other ways of getting this (soon to be nonexistent) software onto my 3DS?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate it!

By doing this, will I be able to access the other region's eShop? Or is that just not possible?

And if so, are there... other ways of getting this (soon to be nonexistent) software onto my 3DS?
There have been no successful reports of anyone accessing the eShop (to my knowledge), even on systems that were supposed to be able to and even The Real Jdbye said all they've heard of are failures. The only other way to get the game would be to find the CIA and install it with FBI after obtaining CFW. The place to find the CIA is that iso site (if it has it), find another site that has it, or have someone with a Japanese 3DS w/CFW download the game and give you the CIA, but that's against GBAtemp's ToS, even if it's shared in a PM.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There have been no successful reports of anyone accessing the eShop (to my knowledge), even on systems that were supposed to be able to and even The Real Jdbye said all they've heard of are failures. The only other way to get the game would be to find the CIA and install it with FBI after obtaining CFW. The place to find the CIA is that iso site (if it has it), find another site that has it, or have someone with a Japanese 3DS w/CFW download the game and give you the CIA, but that's against GBAtemp's ToS, even if it's shared in a PM.
I succeeded to change a Japanese 3ds into a US one,apart from install the cias,you have to inject a new SecureInfo_A file,
after that, you have to delete all your property logs in eshop.
If you can understand Chinese, read the following thread to change eshop region,else you have to try google translate.
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-42612538-1-1.html

Attachments

• 70792029jw1erxt5kouiej20xc0xc11i.jpg
    70792029jw1erxt5kouiej20xc0xc11i.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 171

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so u bought the accessory for the game right?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Tretta_Lab

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up