ROM Hack Change Dawn to Lyra in Pokemon Platinum

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question about hacking the sprite of Dawn in Pokemon Platinum.
Is there a program that rips the sprite of Lyra from Pokemon HeartGold, so I'm able to replace Dawn's sprite in Pokemon Platinum with Lyra's?
So basicly, I want to play as Lyra in Pokemon Platinum, is that possible?

Thank you for your help

Lazerith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want Lyra?

I have no clue why they replaced Crystal with Ms. Oversized Hat girl.

As far as helping you... I dont know of any programs that let you import the sprites from the other games, but I do know there's a way to go in and manually edit the sprites.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Her sprite isn't the game so you'd pretty much have to do it manually. If you're lucky than the program that edits sprites may be able to export the stuff so you can kind of cut/paste it though I'm explaining it simpler than it is

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was able to edit Dawn's sprite, I now have Lyra's sprite for : Walk, run, bike, fish, save, surf, fly
Now I only need to edit her battle sprite. But I'm having trouble with that. Any ideas?

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did something similar, when I played with switching sprites before. I can switch backsprites, but I have no idea how to change your spirit on your trainer card though.
To change the Backsprite we will need the file from the room HG/SS
which are in the folder a/ 0/0/6

and this tools : Nitro explorer, Kiwi ds , poke ds pic

in this i will show how to turn the hero into lance lol

1> extract the file from the rom and put in the same folder that is the kiwi.
2> open de poke dspic and find the frames of lance wich i think its the 19 to 23 and the hero are 0 to 4 ( every backsprite only has five files )

3> now open the kiwi and drop the narc file from the room and extract and will show a list of nwe files whith the name like and put this file in a separeted folder whith the name ''6'' the same name of the narc file ( dont put the narc file and the folder 6 on the same place cause one will try to delet the other)

this > 6_000.rgcn
6_001.rlcn this files are the hero frames colors etc

the hero files go to 6_000 to 6_0004 only the hero has like two backsprites one whith the poke ball and other without the poke ball wich are 6_075 to 6_079
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13835-Trainer-s-Back-Sprite-how-to-change-it-!-Small-Tutorial
Do the quoted parts, then copy Lyra's files(6_005-6_0009, or 6_080-6_084, she has the 5 files after the males hero's) into poketool/trgra/trbgra.narc, replacing whatever Dawn's files are. I think the are the 6th-10th files like Lyra, but I'm not entirely sure. Too lazy too find out for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2