Change Dawn to Lyra in Pokemon Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by lauruns, Aug 28, 2012.

Aug 28, 2012
  1. lauruns
    OP

Newcomer lauruns Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I have a question about hacking the sprite of Dawn in Pokemon Platinum.
    Is there a program that rips the sprite of Lyra from Pokemon HeartGold, so I'm able to replace Dawn's sprite in Pokemon Platinum with Lyra's?
    So basicly, I want to play as Lyra in Pokemon Platinum, is that possible?

Thank you for your help

2. Lazerith

Member Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why would you want Lyra?

I have no clue why they replaced Crystal with Ms. Oversized Hat girl.

As far as helping you... I dont know of any programs that let you import the sprites from the other games, but I do know there's a way to go in and manually edit the sprites.

3. darkriku2000

Member darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Her sprite isn't the game so you'd pretty much have to do it manually. If you're lucky than the program that edits sprites may be able to export the stuff so you can kind of cut/paste it though I'm explaining it simpler than it is

4. lauruns
    OP

Newcomer lauruns Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I was able to edit Dawn's sprite, I now have Lyra's sprite for : Walk, run, bike, fish, save, surf, fly
    Now I only need to edit her battle sprite. But I'm having trouble with that. Any ideas?

5. FailName

Member FailName ░▒▓█▓▒░

United States
    I did something similar, when I played with switching sprites before. I can switch backsprites, but I have no idea how to change your spirit on your trainer card though.
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13835-Trainer-s-Back-Sprite-how-to-change-it-!-Small-Tutorial
    Do the quoted parts, then copy Lyra's files(6_005-6_0009, or 6_080-6_084, she has the 5 files after the males hero's) into poketool/trgra/trbgra.narc, replacing whatever Dawn's files are. I think the are the 6th-10th files like Lyra, but I'm not entirely sure. Too lazy too find out for myself.