Hacking Suggestion Change CFW term to Homebrew Enabler

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, pretty much some people are used to aknowledge that CFW refers to a much larger degree.
It matters literally none. If it confuses anyone, they shouldn't be fucking with their consoles. It's the correct term, and it is not going to change. It would only make it more needlessly complicated to impose an arbitrary line as to where a modified firmware is considered "CFW"

Reactions: Kioku

Evictor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As most of you know, people have been using the term CFW to refer to the option to use homebrew launcher on the photo album.

However, this is not a CFW at all, and at a certain time it could cause confusion, as a suggestion why not call it Homebrew Enabler? instead of CFW?

Just throwing my 2 cents here.
Did you just try to assume my FW?

Seriously, this post is just as stupid as White Privilege, Antifa and BLM. I now have cancer .

Reactions: TheSynthax

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's really sad we've hit that point where we are drawing a fine line on what is or isn't a cfw. It's in the damned NAME. CUSTOM FIRMWARE.. Custom... It's not some stupid little trick to get into the HBL like the browser exploit or smashstack.

Reactions: TheSynthax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1