change a DSI slot card reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nico128, Dec 12, 2012.

Dec 12, 2012
  1. Nico128
    OP

Newcomer Nico128 Newbie

Switzerland
    Hi! I changed the slot card reader of my DSi (the other was defect) but my DSi don't see the cartidge. Maybe I made a mistake...
    When I unsolder the defect slot card reader, I unsolder the 2 small pins in the bottom right-hand. But the copper hum.. "it went out", "it left". Sorry for my englisch...Do you understand me ^^ ? So I can't solder these 2 pins... Are they important ? Where I have to solder them ?
    Thank you!
    [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like you burned/lifted solder pads, this is not ideal although depending upon what you mean it might not be so bad

If you mean small pins running around the back of it then yeah those are important. Fixing them is possible but depending upon what has been done it can be very troublesome.

If you mean the two little legs at the side occasionally they will be used to ground something or ensure continuity but they will probably not have a signal. Usually though they a just mechanical connections to hold the thing in place. Trouble is depending upon how badly you have damaged it you might have hurt something else near to it.

Edit- I just had a look at a halfway nice resolution motherboard photo, it does look to be connected to something and not just a mechanical connection.