Tutorial Chaldron's MAC Cycler for Windows

Which version do you use?

• Total voters

MisoSoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, even though this whole HOW-TO states you should change the MAC of "Wi-Fi", I actually have to change both "Wi-Fi" and the attwifi connection to the same MAC in order to make the 3DS reconnect to the access point after a MAC change.

The virtual router claims the same MAC + 1 as the wireless device.

EHooper02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a weird problem. Got everything set up fine. If I manually cycle macs from the spreadsheet, it works like a charm. When I launch the cycler, it sticks at "resetting adapter." The only way I can get it back working again is to unplug the adapter, plug it back in, and reset the mac (macshift -i Wi-Fi -r) Anyone have any ideas? The cycler would be awesome!

Edit: Cycler was able to update the mac address if I started the cycler while the hostednetwork was stopped. Cycler changed the mac and activated the hostednetwork. Will check it in fifteen minutes.

EHooper02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a weird problem. Got everything set up fine. If I manually cycle macs from the spreadsheet, it works like a charm. When I launch the cycler, it sticks at "resetting adapter." The only way I can get it back working again is to unplug the adapter, plug it back in, and reset the mac (macshift -i Wi-Fi -r) Anyone have any ideas? The cycler would be awesome!

Edit: Cycler was able to update the mac address if I started the cycler while the hostednetwork was stopped. Cycler changed the mac and activated the hostednetwork. Will check it in fifteen minutes.

Failed when it tried to stop attwifi. Adapter hangs up, and has to be reseated in the usb port before it will come back to life. Still, though. Awesome work. Gotta be something on my setup with so many other people getting it going.

keyflailer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what it should do, yes. But alas, it doesn't in my case, which is why the 3DS fails to reconnect after the MAC change.
When I attempt to Macshift the 'Virtual' (attwifi) address, it doesn't "stick"; it reverts back to whatever it thinks it should be (EC-1A-59-AC-10-33). Yes, I'm running CMD as Administrator.

Roy1zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i found my problem, error in rename Wi-Fi for Wi-fi xD, but i start MAC cycler i have this problem , the network " attwifi" no start and my wifi adapter restart all time

PD: i open all program in admin mode

parte 2.jpg

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
have same problem with roy1zero ! also now i cant connect wirelessly with my Wi-Fi adapter ,it connects but no internet access...is there any way to restore previous settings? i used mac cycle

LovesLaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/loveslaus/media/spot_zps22de8092.jpg.html

i got everything all setup.

3dsxl was able to connect to the attwifi successfully, and everything was good.
i got around 5 spotpass before it stoped working. not sure why.

the 3ds xl still shows that there is nintendo zone, and the icon still blinks/pluses.
using it on windows 8 pc.

my regular 3ds jsut refuse to connect to the attwifi connection, not sure why that is.

thank you

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/loveslaus/media/spot_zps22de8092.jpg.html

i got everything all setup.

3dsxl was able to connect to the attwifi successfully, and everything was good.
i got around 5 spotpass before it stoped working. not sure why.

the 3ds xl still shows that there is nintendo zone, and the icon still blinks/pluses.
using it on windows 8 pc.

my regular 3ds jsut refuse to connect to the attwifi connection, not sure why that is.

thank you

Try going into settings and re-connecting.

What does the 3DS say after you connect it?

MisoSoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By work, do you mean you can connect on your 3DS, it shows up as a Nintendo Zone and you can browse the internet?

Punx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hmm it just seems for me the "virtual router manager" gets disconnected after every MAC cycle, and it doesn't reconnect... that's the only problem..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol