Homebrew Misc Chaiki - works great but a bit laggy and glitchy

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else here use Chaiki? I recently set up atmosphere on my switch just for this. I love the ability but Ive played with the setting I could for resolution and framerate but its still a bit choppy and input laggy. Mind you Im playing elden ring so maybe the game is just too much for it?

My ps5 is wired, my switch is on the same network, same room and using wireless AC. Is this is a situation where the remote play is not actually staying in my home network and running to sonys servers then back down to my switch because I remember my pstv had that problem until i figured out how to set it up to not leave my home network and then it worked flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

JotaGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The solution is to force 1080p and OC CPU to 2300Hz, so yes it runs very good but only on mariko switches.

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read something somewhere else about overclocking. Is that another homebrew to accomplish that? Mine is Mariko. will that affect the battery to the point of failure or strain the GPU/cpu at all? I assume youre forcing 1080 using the config since its only 720 in the GUI settings?

Last edited by EvilNick,

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought about trying android but for that I could just use my phone/tablet and the PS4 dual shock. Actually I think the switch works better than those do.

JotaGBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I read something somewhere else about overclocking. Is that another homebrew to accomplish that? Mine is Mariko. will that affect the battery to the point of failure or strain the GPU/cpu at all? I assume youre forcing 1080 using the config since its only 720 in the GUI settings?
Mariko switches support without cable up to 2300mhz in cpu with no problem, but every oc after 1990 on cpu requieres to max OC GPU up to 460mhz. But for chiaki 270 on GPU is more than enough. Yes and using config just change 720p to 1080p.

Mariko OC : https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mariko switches support without cable up to 2300mhz in cpu with no problem, but every oc after 1990 on cpu requieres to max OC GPU up to 460mhz. But for chiaki 270 on GPU is more than enough. Yes and using config just change 720p to 1080p.

Mariko OC : https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases
i thought that CFW didn't have hardware decoding and everything was handled by the CPU

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I started to install the overclock apps. I decided to force the 1080 on the config and BOY did the thing get choppy. It then blew out my config. Luckily I always keep the old files on hand and just rename them. It was actually crashing my entire switch whenever I tried to start Chiaki. I left it on 720 for now. Its playable but I would never try to do anything more than free roam using this fro right now its pretty laggy at certain points and theres a VERY distinct controller drift that just sends the camera flying at any given moment. maybe Ill try over clocking without the 1080 and see if it helps

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installed the over clocking. it did seems to help. I have this other issue though where the joycons over drift. I know its not actual drift because it only happens with remote play. Anyone else have this/know how to stop it? Thanks

Tmofnrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installed the over clocking. it did seems to help. I have this other issue though where the joycons over drift. I know its not actual drift because it only happens with remote play. Anyone else have this/know how to stop it? Thanks
Currently experiencing this lmao not a fun time, was fine all day yesterday though so maybe it's just a wifi thing or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol