Hacking CFW Questions

Colarfulltaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i just got a couple of questions before i purchase a cfw console.

1. If i updated to lets say 4.40 Rogero and i wanted to switch over to rebug afterwards, would i have to buy a hardware flasher to downgrade again or could i simply just update over on the cfw?

2. Is there any N64 emulators that still work with the ps3? I know some devs went quiet about it but im not sure if there was any progress being made for it.

3. Is at all possible to go online with cfw? (Just wanna try some games out online)

Thanks!

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If you are on a CFW e.g. Rogero or Rebug (YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A FLASHER TO DOWNGRADE AGAIN) you only need to downgrade once. If you are on lets say 4.46 Rebug and you want to for some reason downgrade to 3.55 you can just download the Rebug 999 downgrader and downgrade with software no flasher would be needed.

2. Unfortunately not at the moment i wish though bro.

3. Yes its possible but you will probably get banned tho just be careful is all i can say.

Any more questions feel free to P.M. me ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before you attempt to up/down grade, PLEASE make a backup of your NAND/NOR.
Incase you possibly brick it, you can always restore it with a hardware flasher.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah there was at one point but unfortunately it never resurfaced again and devs went quiet about it however there was a rumour that RetroArch may have a n64 core in its next release ;)

Ah yeh RetroArch.
Tough I got a N64 I don't really care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end