Hacking CFW question

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I want to do CFW for unbanning, so can I just unban my self and run uninstall script on the first time I boot into godmode9? Or I will need to do all steps for CFW, unban and then uninstall?

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know, I know but I need to access friendcode_seed for unbanning right? I want to give it to Nintendo so they can repair it. Loooool

Oldsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you do unban, you do piracy, so it's worth installing the cfw, keeping it and unban your console, whitout uninstalling cfw (it's useless)

Reactions: Quantumcat

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need to send it to Nintendo, but I can't do that when it's banned. That's why I want to install CFW, unban myself and then uninstall it and send it to Nintendo....

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I need to send it to Nintendo, but I can't do that when it's banned. That's why I want to install CFW, unban myself and then uninstall it and send it to Nintendo....
Why cant you send it banned? Polices?
Actually, how is it broken that you have to send it to Nintendo while still being able to install CFW?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want to be 100% sure that if they'll not repair it it'll be not caused by ban. I have 2nd 3DS with same files so I can unban myself easily (not banned have CFW installed). I have all done I just wanted to go with shortcut and not install CFW fully just go to the godmode9 copy files for unbanning, delete CFW, send it to Nintendo.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I want to be 100% sure that if they'll not repair it it'll be not caused by ban. I have 2nd 3DS with same files so I can unban myself easily (not banned have CFW installed). I have all done I just wanted to go with shortcut and not install CFW fully just go to the godmode9 copy files for unbanning, delete CFW, send it to Nintendo.
How is it broken?

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't unban without a working CFW. I believe it won't even boot due to signatures.

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the shell is opened more than 90 degrees it just shuts down. It wasn't dropped or something like that. It just happened

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If the shell is opened more than 90 degrees it just shuts down. It wasn't dropped or something like that. It just happened
Congrats. Your flex is pulled out or destroy.
If it is pulled out, you can repair it your self. if it is destroyed, you have to buy new screen.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's still under warranty and the repair is free(ish) sans shipping costs, I wouldn't even have Nintendo fix it. Most local repair shops repair game consoles as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will they repair that on warranty?
Honestly, probably not for free. According to the warranty it says only manufacturer/workmanship defects are covered.
It explicitly states it does not cover physical damage (i.e such as a cracked screen on a handheld unit, liquid damage, or scratched game discs)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Poland when warranty is still available we can excange unit for unit.
It doesn't matter what country you're in, the warranty is the same worldwide. I was just stating that according to the .pdf you can find on their official website they may not fix or replace your console if they consider it physical damage vs a defect. If it's still under warranty then by all means attempt to use it.

Meaning if they see dents, scratches etc on the chassis, lose components from inside etc, they may determine it was dropped/abused and refuse your warranty coverage.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In summary if your 3DS looks in good condition but has that problem. Do NOT install CFW, just go and apply your warranty with the retail store you bought it from, NOT through Nintendo.

Just start looking for that receipt :lol:

Last edited by nashismo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up