CFW on 4.5 original 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatsquirrel, Aug 25, 2015.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Hey guys,
    I just recently hacked my n3ds and am on Reinand CFW. Aaaaand, im loving it!
    Especially the ability to play online with backups.

Now Id like to hack my o3ds which is on 4.5 right now. I have DS card r4i and MTcard.
    Can someone please tell me how can I hack my way onto CFW on this 3ds as I am completely and totally lost.

PS: I checked https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
    thread, but its written for pros or its a bit messed up so I really cant seem to follow it (got lost at the start already).

I hope someone can help me out :)))

2. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    Or just point me to a right direction:shy:

3. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
  4. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    Thank you for your reply, but I cannot load devmenu with rxtools can I? So no unsigned cias...which I would like

5. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    I have managed somehow to install rxtools!!! Im surprised, thank you for your help Bubbysaur.
    I was wondering now, how can I install the exploit to run from DS PROFILE instead of web browser (i dont have that qr code scanner :( )

6. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    You can put the rxCakeROP.nds file included with rxTools 3.0 on your r4i and install the mset exploit with that.

7. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    I actually tried to instal rxinstaller, but it didnt work, just resetted the console after I entered ds profile. Is rxcakerop any different from that?
    Yeah I checked, seems to be the same thing.
    I put the rxinstaller on the ds card, ran it, executed with all OK, then when I enter ds profile it just blurs the screen and resets with an error that it needs to reset.

Last edited by fatsquirrel, Aug 25, 2015
  8. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    I'm the rxtools 3.0 beta zip there is a folder with qr codes for respective firmware versions. Since you have an o3ds 4.5, your already on an exploitable mset so all you have to do is make sure you follow the instructions in the same thread I linked to. All you should have to do is scan the 4.x qr code and you should be good .

9. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    I just finished meddling with it and its installed on ds profile. I used the internet exploit to install it since rxinstaller didnt work for me.
    However everytime I start rxtools theres a long wait for the rxtools to install necessary files to sd card (dunnot why everytime :S ) its quite annoying as it takes 60-70 seconds to boot up the emunand.

10. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    use stable ver instead of nightly

11. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    I did...or at least I think I did? :o
    Its version 2.6

12. Philip3ds

Philip3ds GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2015
    You should have a look a this video on how to install CFW.