Hacking CFG USB Loader can't seem to recognize DIOS MIOS

Skywalkr000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past couple of days, I have looked through almost every thread that seems to have the same issue as me, which is that every time I try to start a GC iso (run through DMToolbox) on my CFG USB Loader, it goes to a black screen or completely shuts off. I installed the Real NAND version of DIOS MIOS 2.10 through IOS236 and everything should be working out perfectly fine as far as everyone else says. Unlike everyone else's GC iso loading problems, mine is that CFG USB Loader believes that Devolution is installed. I know this because where the "DML Version" tab should be in the system settings, there is instead "Force Devolution." Also, after re-installing the MIOS Patcher v10 and trying to run one of the GC iso's, it attempts to boot the game and then states, "Devolution only accepts clean dumps."

Can anyone explain to me why this loader believes that I have Devolution installed? It is nowhere on my SD card (I checked through every single folder thoroughly to be sure of it) and I have not heard of any .wad file for it that installs it onto the Wii. Does this mean that DIOS MIOS just isn't compatible with the HDD that I have?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you did at least i think is that you used cfg to download plugins when i did it also downloaded devolution, well maybe somewhere in the settings you can change it to dios mios, if i were you i would delete cfg loader from your apps folder and do a fresh install that should fix it. devolution is not on your sd it is in cfg loader it is part of it now that is why i say do a clean install. Also you could try deleting the settings cfg located on sd root usb loader

Skywalkr000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never knowingly downloaded any plugins through cfg and just to make sure I deleted it all off of my HDD and SD (except for the wbfs files), replaced it all and the Devolution setting is still there. Just so you know, I did this previously following http://gwht.wikidot.com/ and did it again the same way to no avail.

Also, the Basic Info section of the settings can recognize that DIOS MIOS 2.2+ is installed, so I don't know why it still thinks it should force Devo.

Skywalkr000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the error, in the System tab in CFG, there is a "Force Devolution" toggle. Just set it to OFF.

I had the "Force Devolution" turned off the entire time and it still was giving me problems. After getting a new flash drive to use, it worked. My HDD was either too old or just not compatible with the programming.

Skywalkr000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a little while ago, I found that it was just an incompatible hard drive. After buying a new flash drive, it worked perfectly fine.

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but 5 minutes ago, and for the padt month since i bought the flash drive it worked. i added some new cios's which i thought i needed for these injected wads (i found some really good ones btw), and it started working again once i reinstalled the wad for dios mios 2.10. this stuff is so aggravating sometimes.. thank u for responding. i wish someone would or could make rare ware n64 injectd wads like dk 64 Im breaking down and buying an n64 cause i want to play 007 and dk 64 so bad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==