Hacking CFG/USB GX Not Playing Split Wbfs

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a thread a few days ago about a problem I was having with playing wbfs files, but I have since gotten it to work if the file is under 4gb (Okami wbfs) but not if I have split a file in wii backup fusion.

I have been attempting to get all of my wii/gc games onto a fat32 so I tried splitting a The Last Story wbfs with wii backup fusion into a SLSEXJ.wbf1 (2.15 gb), SLSEXJ.wbf2 (920.6 mb), and a SLSEXJ.wbfs (2.15 gb) then transfering using http://gbatemp.net/threads/mac-osx-wbfs-files.273791/ or by dragging and dropping the files into the wbfs folder on the external drive or putting them into a folder of their own. The game will show up on cfg or usb gx, but gives a black screen when its loaded. Is there something that I keep overlooking thats causing it to not work?

I'm sorry to post another thread in a short time, but I have tried everything I can think of and just can't get results.

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a little more research and came up with this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/trouble-...ng-games-from-fat32-if-split-over-4gb.320937/ Post #5 would indicate that its a problem within wii backup fusion and that wiijmanager works fine, but I'm not sure how this problem was solved since it doesn't appear that wiijmanager has any options to split files and can only transer games to a wbfs partition. Anybody had/resolved a similar problem?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use wiiGame manager.(google is your best friend)

It can convert ISO to WBFS files or vise versa.
You can split in to 2gb or 4gb files and you can convert them directly to your flashdrive.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could install your retail disc into your Wii and rip the game with cfg or gx usb loaders. Or, you could use a windows computer to run Wii game manager.

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave the wit tools a go, but it doesn't seem like they have the option to split wbfs either. I may have to try to get on a pc and split all of my files because it seems like there isn't really anything on mac that can do it except wii backup fusion but it doesn't do it correctly lol

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I gave the wit tools a go, but it doesn't seem like they have the option to split wbfs either. I may have to try to get on a pc and split all of my files because it seems like there isn't really anything on mac that can do it except wii backup fusion but it doesn't do it correctly lol
--split or --split=size: http://wit.wiimm.de/opt/split

Perhaps, it is a problem with to many fragments. USB loaders support max 20.000. It is a large value, but can be reached.
My tools support fragment counting, but only for Linux and Windows: http://wit.wiimm.de/wit/cmd-fragments.html

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I eventually just put 20ish games on my external hd and borrowed someones pc to run wii backup manager real fast to put them on all in one fell swoop. Being a pc user definitely makes the whole process much easier. I have everything more or less squared away now, but did notice something a little iffy about when I try to play gamecube games on CFG or USB GX. Both loaders will play any game I have on the external, but they get a little temperamental with loading them sometimes.

If everything goes as it should, then the dios mios logo comes up and the game boots fine, but fairly often it will go to a black screen or shut my wii off entirely. All of the ISOs I have are NTSC so I've tried force NTSC on a few games to see if it would make a difference and I also tried with and without the "no disc" option selected in dios mios. Are there any other common reasons for the the inconsistencies?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy