Hacking CFG Loader Mod Stops Detecting HD

ryanstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I have an error I can't troubleshoot for some reason. For years I had this hard drive plugged into the Wii with no issues, and up until today it worked great with my Wii U (just last week I played Galaxy on it). But today it won't detect the hard drive in CFG Loader Mod (latest nightly). It's giving me the error "Device is not responding" and "(ret = -1)". I can still launch GC games through Nintendont and other apps work fine to launch (and it is detected by Windows just fine), and it is detected to launch apps through HBC. I just can't launch Wii games in CFG. Any thoughts?

ryanstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's fragmented? Try defragging it

Already tried it, no fragmentation problem. Chkdsk didn't turn up any errors too. And yet I was able to play Sonic 1 last night on Genesis Plus GX... I'm baffled why this program won't work. USB Loader / Wii Flow won't work either.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are trying to solve a problem(troubleshoot), it is best to limit as many new variables as possible.
If the hard drive worked in CFG Loader Mod before the latest nightly, trying rolling back to the last known working build and then try updating one new build at a time until you find or eliminate that as a possbile cause of your problem.

ryanstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are trying to solve a problem(troubleshoot), it is best to limit as many new variables as possible.
If the hard drive worked in CFG Loader Mod before the latest nightly, trying rolling back to the last known working build and then try updating one new build at a time until you find or eliminate that as a possbile cause of your problem.

But that's the thing. Literally nothing changed. I didn't update any software, so no need to roll back anything. Besides, that wouldn't be the cause if USB Loader and Wii Flow weren't working. Just last time I used it a week ago, it worked and now it doesn't. Should I post a syscheck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious