Gaming Cerny on the future of PS4 development

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That of course, is none other than, Knack.

g1VaU47.jpg

Speaking to IGN at this week's Develop Conference in Brighton, Cerny explained that after having focused on hardware and tech for so long he was looking forward to returning to games, and already has a new one in the pipeline.

"I’m trying to get back to games," he said. "One of the projects I’m trying to kick off is a so-called 'indie title'. It won’t really be an indie title because it’ll be fully funded, but it’ll be nice to have a project where the scope is small enough that I’ll know the names of everybody on the team, which is really hard to do these days now that you’ve got 100, 200, 300 people internal plus everyone outside the company.

"Another nice thing about that kind of game is you get to have a concept that’s out there, you don’t have to… I mean, it’s always a crap shoot. With the big titles you have to think very carefully about what you’re trying to accomplish and how that will integrate with the existing market but so much about the smaller titles is excitement and freshness."

Despite working closely with the likes of Naughty Dog and Insomniac back in the day on Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Ratcher & Clank, Cerny's most recent project was PS4 launch title Knack. Asked whether or not we'd see a follow-up to the game, he seemed positive that it could happen one day, though it was unlikely to be the very next thing he focused on.

"I would love to keep working with the [Knack] brand, definitely," he said. "There’s a lot unexplored there, I think anybody who played the game would tell you that!

We got the chance to sit down with both Mark Cerny and Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House this week, following their Develop keynote where they discussed why Sony opted to announced the PS4 first, how the decision over whether to include a hard drive caused sleepless nights, three potential aspects that could play a key role in the console's future, and how the PlayStation brand was re-established for serious gamers rather than just kids.

Source: http://go.ign.com/1mnX64D

What a shame wasting their resources on what was a horrible launch "game". Maybe the sequel might be decent.

TFerdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are they stupidly going off the fairly good sales? Didn't they realise that was just because it was a launch game?

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, Nintendo did that same for Luigi's Mansion, so why not?

*trying to hold back my nintendo fanboy rage" lol

But yeah... Never played the game but it looks pretty average....

Biggest surprise game I have played recently is Watch_Dogs....Usually I associate ubisoft games with garbage (thats right, I said it), but this game is just really, really good....And the multiplayer aspect of it is just so much fun...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Interesting lol