Cemu v1.15.2 released

CemuLogo2.png

A new version of Cemu, the well-known Wii U emulator, has been released! The highlights for this new versions are the ability to emulate gamepad audio, a fix for a bug affecting VSync on some setups (which was reportedly not working for some users on previous versions starting from 1.13), a few improvements made to the recompiler & GPU buffer cache accuracy setting to avoid crashes and finally a rework of the upscaling filters (with the notable additions of two new ones - Nearest Neighbor and Hermite - plus the ability to load custom ones via graphic packs).

As usual, you can find the full changelog down below:
# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.15.2d
# Patreon release date: 2019-01-28
# Public release date: 2019-02-04

# New in 1.15.2d:

general: Updated translation files
nlibcurl: Fixed crash due to oversight in template

# New in 1.15.2c:

CPU: Fixed a bug where PSQ load/store incorrectly applied scale to float values
nlibcurl: Fixed a crash in curl_multi_remove_handle()

# New in 1.15.2b:

GX2: Fixed crash that could occur when GPU buffer cache accuracy was set to 'high'
input: Opening input settings with a disconnected DirectInput controller should no longer crash Cemu
input: Potential fix for input lag when using native Wiimotes

# New in 1.15.2:

CPU/JIT: Cemu no longer recompiles dynamic code regions since it doesn't handle icache invalidation properly yet
This change is mainly to prevent browser-based apps from crashing
CPU/JIT: Added support for PSQ load/store when GQR is not static

GX2: Overhauled up/downscaling output filter system
Upscaling and downscaling are now separate options
Two new filters: Hermite and Nearest Neighbor
Support for custom filters via graphic packs

GX2: Optimized performance of 'High' GPU buffer cache accuracy setting
GX2: Fixed a bug in vsync option code

AX: Added support for GamePad audio output
AX: Fixed incorrect loop handling for PCM8 and PCM16 voices
AX: Minor fixes for voice protection

input: Fixed a bug where controller settings reset when controller was not connected on launch

vpad: Set vpad volume according to gamepad volume from general settings
vpad: Fixed control sticks being too sensitive in some circumstances

You can get the new release from Cemu's website (a link is included down below!)

:arrow: Source
:download: Downloads

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope they implement the Vulkan API sometime this year, because I have a decent AMD CPU and GPU (Ryzen 2600x and Vega 56) though can't play without occasional stuttering (at full speed which is not unplayable but just annoying and only solution is to use Linux afaik).

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope they implement the Vulkan API sometime this year, because I have a decent AMD CPU and GPU (Ryzen 2600x and Vega 56) though can't play without occasional stuttering (at full speed which is not unplayable but just annoying and only solution is to use Linux afaik).
True that. Even if I switched to Linux and I already have some Wii U ports on my Switch, as a Ryzen 1600 + RX 580 owner it'd be awesome to see more games and applications use Vulkan in general!

Reactions: Xabring

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
True that. Even if I switched to Linux and I already have some Wii U ports on my Switch, as a Ryzen 1600 + RX 580 owner it'd be awesome to see more games and applications use Vulkan in general!
Trust me guys. Vulkan will definitely be available in abt 3 months at most. Exzap and the other developer are working hard to deliver it since like 6 months ago.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so apparently you can play BOTW on 4k / 60fps without mods now ?

anyone tried this ?
*if you own a decent nividia gpu
If you have amd forget it, the dev only has an nvidia gpu and only optimizes stuff for it and because its closed source nobody can actually help in trying to fix it

Reactions: Subtle Demise

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
*if you own a decent nividia gpu
If you have amd forget it, the dev only has an nvidia gpu and only optimizes stuff for it and because its closed source nobody can actually help in trying to fix it
Not true at all. The only reason amd gpus can't work with dual core and triple core modes which benefits botw incredibly is because of their shitty opengl support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The devs promised its support in a year in mid 2018 and showed early footage of it in late 2018 iirc. Bsod gaming brings all the news abt this stuff and communicates with exzap on the discord often.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last time I checked mid 2018, they were saying vulkan was not a priority and will not bring big improvements anyway (according to them)....vulkan and amd are clearly the least priorities on their list.... anyway I switched from rx 580 to gtx 1070 anyway... I don't really care anymore

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
last time I checked mid 2018, they were saying vulkan was not a priority and will not bring big improvements anyway (according to them)....vulkan and amd are clearly the least priorities on their list.... anyway I switched from rx 580 to gtx 1070 anyway... I don't really care anymore
i don't remember them saying it isn't a priority but they're definitely working on it. and it's probably gonna make 60 fps possible for budget cpus like the 2nd and 3rd gen i5s and the recent i3s since vulkan is just a better opengl

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://cemu.info/faq.html

Will you add a DX12/Vulkan graphics backend? It would improve speed!
Despite what you may have heard, DX12 or Vulkan will not magically increase speed. Those APIs do perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. The architecture of the Wii U GPU adds some additional constraints that almost nullify any optimization potential given by DX12/Vulkan. Nevertheless, a Vulkan backend is planned for the far future.

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
http://cemu.info/faq.html

Will you add a DX12/Vulkan graphics backend? It would improve speed!
Despite what you may have heard, DX12 or Vulkan will not magically increase speed. Those APIs do perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. The architecture of the Wii U GPU adds some additional constraints that almost nullify any optimization potential given by DX12/Vulkan. Nevertheless, a Vulkan backend is planned for the far future.
That faq hasn't been updated since 2016 tho. Follow the emulator news and you'll see.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-snip-
Everything deserves an emulator, especially considering how "shitty" this console is. Preservation is important. And being able to play these games in high resolutions is pretty cool. Botw sucks I don't even care.

Reactions: yuyuyup and Kioku

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still 100% focus on making BOTW run better then on original Hardware ?

Kind of lost interest after one year of "*improving botw" only updates.
I know in the original thread there were several people calling it botw emulator instead of wiiu emulator already xD

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything deserves an emulator, especially considering how "shitty" this console is. Preservation is important.
It certainly is: but a closed source, partially for-profit emulator, which makes a big fuss of its upscaling and HLE isn't exactly the best definition of preservation...

...and with hardware prices at an all-time low, even users reeks of being cheap while getting a lesser experience at the same time...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It certainly is: but a closed source, partially for-profit emulator, which makes a big fuss of its upscaling and HLE isn't exactly the best definition of preservation...

...and with hardware prices at an all-time low, even users reeks of being cheap while getting a lesser experience at the same time...
Following this broken logic, emulators as a whole are bunk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/