Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
makUBiU.png

So it's my understanding that insecure CDN downloaders had been floating around, and so in the interest of discouraging people from running potentially dangerous code, I'll make this release thread for my implementation.

This implementation uses the same routines the console does in grabbing NCAs, as well, there are settings you can enter to aid in anti-detection.
As with most things, use with caution as there's no 100% safety guarantee.

PTD0Lgh.png

Also this is very much so a work-in-progress! I don't have enough time in the day to work on it constantly so PRs are welcome.
Source: https://github.com/Reisyukaku/CDNX
Release: https://github.com/Reisyukaku/CDNX/releases

Last edited by Reisyukaku,

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I thought the whole thing that makes these insecure is the fact they use the console's certs.
From what I understand, the other CDN Downloaders for switch weren't sending the correct data to make it look 100% like a switch was downloading it, hence the danger. This one (supposedly) does. That's not to say it's 100% safe or won't get you banned, but the risk is much smaller.

You people are so nagging
Love you too!

Last edited by Miqote,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, the other CND Downloaders for switch weren't sending the correct data to make it look 100% like a switch was downloading it, hence the danger. This one (supposedly) does. That's not to say it's 100% safe or won't get you banned, but the risk is much smaller.

Love you too!
It wasn't just though, I kept reading people say if you didnt purchase a game on a console then download the game using the console's certs nintendo can figure that part out.

Reactions: phazer171

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM Sorry to be that person, but do you mind providing your input on this? Does it really download like the console?

Thanks for the hard work either way, Reisyukaku!
I've been in the scene as long as Mike and we still talk so you can rest assured I know my stuff :P

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
It wasn't just though, I kept reading people say if you didnt purchase a game on a console then download the game using the console's certs nintendo can figure that part out.

Ah, I thought you mean the difference between this and the others. Yeah, it's as you said. If you download a game you don't purchase using your switch cert, it means Nintendo will know you're doing something funky.

To be honest, there's no reason IMO to use this to download games. This worked well for 3DS/VITA/Other systems because they used a common cert, but doing it with switch is taking a huge risk. Just get the games from another place. Not to mention they're not even able to be played yet.

Reactions: Unknown77

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been in the scene as long as Mike and we still talk so you can rest assured I know my stuff :P
I've knows Rei for a while. He may be an ass but he knows his code .

Haha, I figured as much from some of the responses I've seen in other threads :P I just figured he was gonna get dragged in here sooner or later so I might as well do it and get it over with.

Reactions: Ronhero

RetroGamer732

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say I wanted to download just an update for a game, but not the game itself. I own the game on cart (not that it matters). Can the program do this and what would be the likelyhood of me getting banned?

Sidenote, what even happens when you get banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter