Hacking CDNSP is NOT dead. They just don't want us to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The entitlement in here is strong. It's like the world will end if CDN downloading is blocked for good. They already know how to fix it so just shut up with this lame excuse. OP did nothing wrong. There will always be people who dump their purchased games, updates and DLC. If you want history of Switch games preserved stop whining about CDN warez and start dumping.

Just my 2 cents.

only an idiot would see this as entitlement

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was fairly neutral about this issue but after reading the thread it's having the same effect on me as the TX one. Why are some of you so incapable of discussing anything without peppering every point with insults and attempts to belittle other peoples opinions.. all it does is make your valid points get ignored because the reader ends up thinking youre just some lunatic frothing at the mouth.

Anyway, I think certain people are freaking out because they might not be the centre of attention anymore. The Scene will live on regardless, as it always has.

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I was fairly neutral about this issue but after reading the thread it's having the same effect on me as the TX one. Why are some of you so incapable of discussing anything without peppering every point with insults and attempts to belittle other peoples opinions.. all it does is make your valid points get ignored because the reader ends up thinking youre just some lunatic frothing at the mouth.

Anyway, I think certain people are freaking out because they might not be the centre of attention anymore. The Scene will live on regardless, as it always has.

It’s not a matter of being the centre of attention, it’s a matter of shutting down one of our main sources of updates and DLCs just for pure greedy. There’s a infrastructure of sharing new games, updates and DLCs on discord that people can freely use, yet they prefer to go drink straight from the source for some unknown reason. Fuck it, if it gets patched so be it, don’t cry later on

Reactions: Deleted User

Ric-Are-Those

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, if everyone starts downloading all the stuff they want on CDN that will just make Nintendo kill CDNSP and all that stuff. If only one or just a few have access to the content in the CDN is way safer. Do you guys really want games from the CDN? Then shut up and listen, or we won't have CDN anymore.

Why do you always add something to your agreeable and understandable post that makes you sound like some elitist dick smh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It’s not a matter of being the centre of attention, it’s a matter of shutting down one of our main sources of updates and DLCs just for pure greedy. There’s a infrastructure of sharing new games, updates and DLCs on discord that people can freely use, yet they prefer to go drink straight from the source for some unknown reason. Fuck it, if it gets patched so be it, don’t cry later on
Kinda proved his point about peppering insults in what would otherwise be a fine statement.

Last edited by Ric-Are-Those,
Reactions: ghjfdtg and tpax

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People are genuinely willing to sacrifice the ability for the hacking community to have access to CDN...just to get slightly faster warez downloads? The people in this scene are crazy sometimes. "Who cares if TX is destroying the scene and forcing homebrew devs to go closed source / private release, i get my pirated games 2 minutes faster!" "Who cares if CDN locks down and the hacking community as a whole loses the information from it, I NEED that one obscure eShop game!!!"
Are TX destroying the scene? As far as I am aware they make an alternative firmware. Moreover I thought the (still dubious in my eyes) supposition was that they made an offer, such a thing is very far from forcing devs out or closed only. Similarly are we losing information if Nintendo counter this faster than they might have otherwise?

Reactions: tpax and peteruk

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Are TX destroying the scene? As far as I am aware they make an alternative firmware. Moreover I thought the (still dubious in my eyes) supposition was that they made an offer, such a thing is very far from forcing devs out or closed only. Similarly are we losing information if Nintendo counter this faster than they might have otherwise?

Yes we are loosing information and chance to get updates for less mainstream games. I think you’re not understanding the repercussions of loosing CDN access all together. And as TX they may not have destroyed the scene but they managed to make many devs move out or going closed

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes we are loosing information and chance to get updates for less mainstream games. I think you’re not understanding the repercussions of loosing CDN access all together. And as TX they may not have destroyed the scene but they managed to make many devs move out or going closed
I have been active on every page of the thread, mostly contemplating just that. I would still maintain it is just a convenience. Plenty of viable methods to doing such things still.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have been active on every page of the thread, mostly contemplating just that. I would still maintain it is just a convenience. Plenty of viable methods to doing such things still.

You think that anyone in the scene will be bothered to buy a obscure indie game and keep dumping its updates? Even if they did the person would have to dump the nand (1h of work), extract the NSP and upload it, that’s minimal 2 to 3h for a small update file when it can be grabbed by one person and made free for everyone in 5 minutes

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You think that anyone in the scene will be bothered to buy a obscure indie game and keep dumping its updates? Even if they did the person would have to dump the nand (1h of work), extract the NSP and upload it, that’s minimal 2 to 3h for a small update file when it can be grabbed by one person and made free for everyone in 5 minutes
It has happened before, and that timeframe is likely to drop as time goes on -- if we already have FTP inbuilt into firmwares at "always on" levels then it is not a great leap to being able to internally dump things and fish it out with that.

l915205

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Even if they did the person would have to dump the nand (1h of work), extract the NSP and upload it, that’s minimal 2 to 3h for a small update file when it can be grabbed by one person and made free for everyone in 5 minutes
They can always use CDNSP to download stuff they actually own. And then share NSP however they like. The only difference that they have to actually buy the game before releasing.
Just correcting another FUD "Nintendo will block CDN for everyone" that is often presented here as fact.

Last edited by l915205,

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
They can always use CDNSP to download stuff they actually own. And then share NSP however they like. The only difference that they have to actually buy the game before releasing.
Just correcting another FUD "Nintendo will block CDN for everyone" that is often presented here as fact.

It’s pointless to even try to have a argument with both of you. Keep going and when shit hits the fan I’ll be there to tell you I told you so

Reactions: Deleted User

l915205

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It’s pointless to even try to have a argument with both of you.
I don't see any real arguments from you.
  1. CDNSP will continue to work for purchased stuff because Nintendo will not block legit users from CDN. It is common sense.
  2. It is also quite possible to make homebrew for Switch (like stripped down FreeShop version) that uploads purchased NCAs directly to FTP server for later distribution.
So nothing will change for scene both in terms of content access and convenience of use. It just the intermediaries who beg for attention and upload another's releases to paid sites who will be cut down.

Last edited by l915205,
Reactions: ghjfdtg and ZeroFX

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Somehow sounds like 'don't bother staying on lower firmware, there'll be hacks eventually'

Are we really arguing that 'better safe than sorry' is a stupid way to go at this?

l915205

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are different situations with different consequences. I don't think this can be compared to permanently loosing homebrew access for example.

I strongly believe in knowledge sharing. The more people have access to information the better for community.
  1. If someone has obscure game it will be better to actually have working tools to dump/download it. Especially if the stated noble goal is broad content availability.
  2. CDNSP release itself led to some nice apps developed. People took inspiration from others projects. Why hinder further homebrew development?
Because of these reasons I think risk of (theoretical) temporary slow down of scene releases is justified.

Also I don't think this whole CDN access situation was handled with respect to the community. A lot of misinformation was thrown about current state of CDNSP. And nobody from the "elite access club" bothered to say at gbatemp what really happened: CDNSP is working fine, we just want to keep it private to ourselves.

Reactions: tpax and ghjfdtg

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) Mod circumvention is often treated with a ban
2) "But since author (simonmkwii) wants to keep it private" - Then respect him and not talk about it?
3) Since there is nothing of value in here, I will close this topic as well.
4) "Also I don't think this whole CDN access situation was handled with respect to the community. A lot of misinformation was thrown about current state of CDNSP. And nobody from the "elite access club" bothered to say at gbatemp what really happened: CDNSP is working fine, we just want to keep it private to ourselves." - No one wants to burn their certs maybe?

Please don't start another thread about the CDNSP. Until Simon now want to release the tool, let him do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv