Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by injecting them. I used Cave and made the file and put it on my switch. Not sure how to inject them?
better put, Did you create a v1.0.0 database or did you create an EMPTY database.

Did you even add a .gb, .gbc or .gba rom to your database and click save? File/add game and then import rom!

Did you copy the folder to the correct spot?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by injecting them. I used Cave and made the file and put it on my switch. Not sure how to inject them?

"Inject" is what people erroneously call adding games to NSO with CaVE. Its a dumb term thats holdover from the VC's, where it wasen't always accurate there either. At it's core it just means to open a emu file with an embedded ROM, and replace it with yours. Since CaVE does not replace any ROMs in the NSO files, it makes zero sense here.

---

Anyway. CaVE has a minor update now. Redownload it if you need to open NES databases any time soon. Fixes a crash when doing so.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

Xnota007

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, someone knows where is locate the saves from the games in all plataforms (NES, SNES, N64, GB and GBA)??

P.S. Thanks you so much for this wonderful work!!!

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Inject" is what people erroneously call adding games to NSO with CaVE. Its a dumb term thats holdover from the VC's, where it wasen't always accurate there either. At it's core it just means to open a emu file with an embedded ROM, and replace it with yours. Since CaVE does not replace any ROMs in the NSO files, it makes zero sense here.

---

Anyway. CaVE has a minor update now. Redownload it if you need to open NES databases any time soon. Fixes a crash when doing so.
i just wasnt sure to call it

Vaamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody have any idea what compression is used on the default GBA ROMs? I know it's not required, I'm just curious.

TheDude879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better put, Did you create a v1.0.0 database or did you create an EMPTY database.

Did you even add a .gb, .gbc or .gba rom to your database and click save? File/add game and then import rom!

I created the 1.0.0 database. Added all my roms, and put the folder in atmosphere/content. Do not really understand what is going on. I just aded a game to SNES online doing the same thing and it worked just fine.

TheDude879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I did notice, not sure if it matters, but I did a new install of GBA online and title folder is not in atmosphere/contents.

One thing I did notice, not sure if it matters, I did a new install of the GBA online and the title folder is not in atmosphere/contents. It does not appear until I add it when I copy over the folder from cave.

Update: I got them to show up by adding the folder over FTP. Not sure why this worked as opposed to plugging into my PC, but maybe it was not writing the GBA roms?

Last edited by TheDude879,

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I did notice, not sure if it matters, but I did a new install of GBA online and title folder is not in atmosphere/contents.

One thing I did notice, not sure if it matters, I did a new install of the GBA online and the title folder is not in atmosphere/contents. It does not appear until I add it when I copy over the folder from cave.

Update: I got them to show up by adding the folder over FTP. Not sure why this worked as opposed to plugging into my PC, but maybe it was not writing the GBA roms?
Use dbi to transfer your files

wokacam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you DarkAkuma for the excellent work.
Greetings from Brazil.
I can't wait to play any GBA game on Switch Online because that screen filter is perfect.
the GB screen filter is good too.
I think with this screen filter this will become the best GBA and GB emulator.
(in my ignorance, I think mGBA has no way to put a filter like that)

Skipcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx,redownload work well without internet,but choose NSO Datebase(JA/CH)Game Boy Advance Online ,The program is unresponsive and then exits.
Post automatically merged:

I think it is likely that the strings.lng file at \romfs\bootapp\resources\strings\ja\ cannot be generated.
This happens to me also have you found a way to fix it?

EDIT: NVM I just found that opening the database after crash works!

Last edited by Skipcity,

wings110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: NVM I just found that opening the database after crash works!

EDIT: NVM I just found that opening the database after reopen cave open database ,then Select a language ja or zhant zhans.it will work

jantunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there. First time using Cave Manager. I am trying to add some roms to a 1.0.0 GBA database but I get a lot of "illegal character in file path errors".
I already tried to move the files to C:/ root, renamed them to not have any symbols or special characters.
They still seem to get imported although then I have the same error when important some cover art files, but not all.

When I then add the database to the Switch and launch the GBA app it just crashes after the splash screen.
Am I doing something wrong?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. First time using Cave Manager. I am trying to add some roms to a 1.0.0 GBA database but I get a lot of "illegal character in file path errors".
I already tried to move the files to C:/ root, renamed them to not have any symbols or special characters.
They still seem to get imported although then I have the same error when important some cover art files, but not all.

When I then add the database to the Switch and launch the GBA app it just crashes after the splash screen.
Am I doing something wrong?

What games? I'm guessing its a issue with how CaVE gets data from game headers, but all I can do is follow docs on the header format. Whats the code value, since you say it does import?

Going to take a guess and say that... the games in question are hacks/translations? Either way, I need actual relevant information in order to address it. These errors dont happen to most people with most games, so obviously its something unique to what you are working with.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

littleslayer15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you play rom hacks with cave?

Also, the N64 compatibility list says Pokemon stadium 2 is light green, but there are some problems with it, so I think it should probably yellow. I was playing a mini game tournament with 3 players and one cpu. The game slowed down sometime and also had messed up sound sometimes. There's also one minor graphical glitch when it adds coins to whoever won the mini game. It's definitely playable, but it's not perfect

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games? I'm guessing its a issue with how CaVE gets data from game headers, but all I can do is follow docs on the header format. Whats the code value, since you say it does import?

Going to take a guess and say that... the games in question are hacks/translations? Either way, I need actual relevant information in order to address it. These errors dont happen to most people with most games, so obviously its something unique to what you are working with.
For Me.
I Added Fire Emblem The Binding Blade(Translation) To the Database.
But when i tried to boot the game through GBA NSO
it wont even open up on GBA NSO
what it does is it would try to open but then instantly goes back to the GBA NSO menu
No screens just instantly goes back to the NSO Menu

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Can you play rom hacks with cave?

Also, the N64 compatibility list says Pokemon stadium 2 is light green, but there are some problems with it, so I think it should probably yellow. I was playing a mini game tournament with 3 players and one cpu. The game slowed down sometime and also had messed up sound sometimes. There's also one minor graphical glitch when it adds coins to whoever won the mini game. It's definitely playable, but it's not perfect
Not all rom hacks will work, but the vast majority will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even