Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok. NSO GB and NSO GBA have been announced and released!

I will be working on updating CaVE as soon as I can. I don't think it should take too long at this point of CaVEs development. But who knows... At the earliest? Tomorrow. But assuming it might take a day or 2 longer would be wise.

As for Sloop and Hiyoko... I wont be removing support for them. They will likely simply just be not recommended to use..

U rock mate, i cant talk for others, but i say take your time at a confortable pace, the effort is apreciated
Post automatically merged:

For you impatient people lol JK, if you want to play a different GB title simple rename the .gb game name to C-3381_e.gb, add it to the C-3381_e folder attached below, then add the title id folder to atmosphere contents folder. It will replace the games and watch title. ENJOY, dark is hard at working updating CaVE

View attachment 352402
does this work the same for GBA?

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U rock mate, i cant talk for others, but i say take your time at a confortable pace, the effort is apreciated
Post automatically merged:

does this work the same for GBA?
unfortunately no, Dark has said that gba is like snes and needs some header code or something like that. I dont know that part of it lol sorry

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
unfortunately no, Dark has said that gba is like snes and needs some header code or something like that. I dont know that part of it lol sorry
i see, makes sense to me, that means with gb they can be made like a mod like in a mod, i think a saw something similar somewere else. That means using this method we can put more games?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May as well post about the progress today.

Yea. I worked on GBA a bit, and figured out how the ROM's are compressed. No sfrom like headers/footers like I was thinking. That's just part of the compression. CaVE should be able to support compression/decompression of the format though.

The real issue I ran into was that, some games just wont boot. I have not extensively tested it, but its looks like games that were included in Sloop, work. But not other games. At least other games are not guarenteed to. I suspect its a internal switch that checks a GBA ROMs header, ID's it as a specific game, and loads specific code. More like how N64 Renderers work than SNES GameCodes, but effectively similar to both.

I decided to pull focus off that for the moment and work on GB/GBC instead, as that works without such issues. No sense letting GBA issues hold me back from supporting that sooner. So I tinkered with that throughout the day to the point that its now being tested by several people in the discord.

Once the GB/GBC stuff is more stable, I can devote full attention to solving the GBA issues.

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea. I worked on GBA a bit, and figured out how the ROM's are compressed. No sfrom like headers/footers like I was thinking. That's just part of the compression. CaVE should be able to support compression/decompression of the format though.

The real issue I ran into was that, some games just wont boot. I have not extensively tested it, but its looks like games that were included in Sloop, work. But not other games. At least other games are not guarenteed to. I suspect its a internal switch that checks a GBA ROMs header, ID's it as a specific game, and loads specific code. More like how N64 Renderers work than SNES GameCodes, but effectively similar to both.

I decided to pull focus off that for the moment and work on GB/GBC instead, as that works without such issues. No sense letting GBA issues hold me back from supporting that sooner. So I tinkered with that throughout the day to the point that its now being tested by several people in the discord.

Once the GB/GBC stuff is more stable, I can devote full attention to solving the GBA issues.
We absolutely do not deserve you. Thank you for your work on this. It's phenomenal.

Reactions: Fyrus

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the GB and GBC you can do that without cave, you can replace a game and cover by doing the folder mod specified by ROGsamurai
new info, You can do the same for GBA, no header or footer stuff like snes. Dark was testing with a "bad" rom which caused some confusion

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France

You don't have to compress GBA ROMs. It works with uncompressed ROMs just fine.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to compress GBA ROMs. It works with uncompressed ROMs just fine.

I know. I figured that out today. Out of 38 GBA roms, I happened to use the ONE that would not work, and set me down a path of negative results affirming false conclusions that I was to scattered with my attention to test further until today.

---

That said, for everyone else, the Beta build of CaVE now supports GBA too, in addition to GB/GBC. It's in its testing phase.

ayumi0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I know. I figured that out today. Out of 38 GBA roms, I happened to use the ONE that would not work, and set me down a path of negative results affirming false conclusions that I was to scattered with my attention to test further until today.

---

That said, for everyone else, the Beta build of CaVE now supports GBA too, in addition to GB/GBC. It's in its testing phase.
Oh, I'm really looking forward to it.

littleslayer15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

---

Can anyone download the beta?

Reactions: Sparkles

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I wonder if we can make all switch online games run at fullscreen?
I believe that you will need other emulators for that, but I may be wrong.

Now I don't know if you want it. The screen has the size it has to keep the interger scale. If you fill the screen vertically, the image will get blurry, softer and you will want a filter or something like that. If you fill horizontally the image will be distorted.

Loker0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Does anyone how to remove completely the data from SNES online? I installed a modded SNES Nsp from Phoenix that contains 1gb of roms.
I uninstalled that, but when I install the SNES 1.0 online the customized logo from that modded NSP still here.
Help please, the app crashes before starting

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone how to remove completely the data from SNES online? I installed a modded SNES Nsp from Phoenix that contains 1gb of roms.
I uninstalled that, but when I install the SNES 1.0 online the customized logo from that modded NSP still here.
Help please, the app crashes before starting
delete the titleID folder from atmosphere/contents folder

01008D300C50C000

defelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Temporary solution until you’re able to use cave to add your games

For you impatient people lol JK, if you want to play a different GB title simple rename the .gb game name to C-3381_e.gb, add it to the C-3381_e folder attached below, then add the title id folder to atmosphere contents folder. It will replace the games and watch title. ENJOY, dark is hard at working updating CaVE

View attachment 352402
It didn't work for me :(

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

---

is the beta up on your site or is it in testing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch