Hacking Castlevania : Portrait of Ruin problem

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched around a bit here, and I'm posting to revive slight interest.

My copy of PoR freezes with my CycloDS, usually when moving from map to map, or talking to Wind.

I used some of the methods directed by search, but they didn't help much. Any hints?

I used the latest update (( 1.53 I think from the site )) and I have a 4gig Sandisk card with the Cyclo.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the reading speed of your microSD what causes the freezing.
Some are too slow.
Try the game with every microSD you have lying around.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but this is a common problem with POR. I tried it on a M3Real using 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB, and all of them froze somewhat randomly. Not worth the trouble IMO. My solution would be plunking down $15 for the real game. Its totally worth it.

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can never have enough microSD's. It is worth the trouble of buying some.

4GB from dealextreme did the trick for me. But some people on the forums are telling that they received one with slow reading speeds.
Buying one with less memory (lets say 1GB) means faster reading speeds BUT the 1 GB from dealextreme caused freezing! The 2 GB didn't though.

Final:
Its a gamble really. But you can never be wrong when buying microSD's from dealextreme.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyuKisargi said:
I've searched around a bit here, and I'm posting to revive slight interest.

My copy of PoR freezes with my CycloDS, usually when moving from map to map, or talking to Wind.

I used some of the methods directed by search, but they didn't help much. Any hints?

I used the latest update (( 1.53 I think from the site )) and I have a 4gig Sandisk card with the Cyclo.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hey I can help google castlevania portrait of ruin patcher it will fix the rom with a special patch that
it applies i had the same problem until i found the patcher the rom will work any card then whether it be
512 or 4gb card good luck... or you can find it on gbatemp

GBAtemp.net > Downloads > NDS ROM Hacks > Castlevania - Por (Freezing Patch)

hope this helps

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea Team Cyclops/Gbatemp need to have a sticky about the battery saver issue also this is not just a POR issue screws other games to and ppl think its their SD card

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ericthegreat said:
Yea Team Cyclops/Gbatemp need to have a sticky about the battery saver issue also this is not just a POR issue screws other games to and ppl think its their SD card
It actually is partly the MicroSD's fault. I have a Kingston 2GB card and I played through PoR just fine without a freeze (with Battery Saver mode on). Many people who reported freezing used an SDHC, which I suppose makes a big difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi