Hacking Castlevania Jugement Problem

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've searched a lot and I've found two kinds of error: WiiMote doesn't respond or the game is in black and white.

Actually, I have a PAL console and a TV that supports NTSC.

Wii with 3.4, with Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma.

I'm quite sure the game has been burned well, not too sure.

The game starts, colors are fine, the wiimote responds and I can go through the menus (just few glitches in the opening video, but we all know this problem).

Where's the problem then? After selecting the characters in ALL modes, the game locks in the Loading screen.
It doesn't really "locks", it just go on on loading whitout finishing.

Burned with ImgBurn at 2x on Verbatim DVD-R.

The ISO was scrubbed, maybe is this the reason?

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What region is your game? If it's NTSC you should try to force it as NTSC with either Gecko OS or Gamma Loader.

Edit: oops not Gecko OS. It won't run backups.

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just said I haven't got the Wiimote error...

And I thik force the game to NTSC serves only to make it run with a correct display, not to make it run in general.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Check the quality of your burned disc, 2x is too slow if you use a "new"(2 years) burner with 16x media. To verify the disc would be a good idea too.

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Really? 2x is too slow?

Actually I've always thought "Slower the Better". You're changing my world O_O.
So I should try with 2.4x then? Or is it too slow too?

And for the verify, actually my PC has a strange CPU problem so (especially when it's hot) it fails 6 on 10 CRC check and DVD verify, making me extracting thing from splitted archive VERY HARD, but it also make the data verify after burning a DVD always wrong, but I've already proven (with the PS2) that what I burned works.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Khrone said:
Really? 2x is too slow?

Actually I've always thought "Slower the Better". You're changing my world O_O.
So I should try with 2.4x then? Or is it too slow too?

And for the verify, actually my PC has a strange CPU problem so (especially when it's hot) it fails 6 on 10 CRC check and DVD verify, making me extracting thing from splitted archive VERY HARD, but it also make the data verify after burning a DVD always wrong, but I've already proven (with the PS2) that what I burned works.

Ok, i guess you really have a bad burn then. About the burning: 2.4x on a DVD-R is even worse than 2x, 2.4x is a DVD+R speed. A few years ago the slower the better was correct, but today it's, slow = bad, minimum speed for good burns is 4x, but in most cases 8x,12x or 16x gives the best result.

About your CPU problem:
1. If you get problems, don't overclock, so if you did, revert it
2. Clean the cpu fan with a vacuum cleaner from dust, in some cases this is the problem
3. After cleaning, do a RAM test with a memtest boot-cd: http://www.memtest86.com/
Let it run 3-4 complete runs, if you get an error:
a. Set your mainboard settings to safe settings and try again
b. if you have more than one ram module, test them seperately and in different slots and/or different order
c. if the problem still exists, either your CPU or your RAM should be trashed[just a suggestion]

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woah, I'm shocked °_°

Burned at 4x Castlevania now works, but Gundam (yeah, that too was giving problems) still hangs on the loading screen of story mode...

EDIT: I've tried to burn Gundam on a Verbatim DVD-R of the White Ones (I've bought it for error) at 8x and now it doesn't start at all (actually it starts, but it doesn't even get to the white Wii screen that says "Put on your Wiimote")... what's wrong with him?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Khrone said:
Woah, I'm shocked °_°

Burned at 4x Castlevania now works, but Gundam (yeah, that too was giving problems) still hangs on the loading screen of story mode...

EDIT: I've tried to burn Gundam on a Verbatim DVD-R of the White Ones (I've bought it for error) at 8x and now it doesn't start at all (actually it starts, but it doesn't even get to the white Wii screen that says "Put on your Wiimote")... what's wrong with him?

If your CPU or memory even fails at verification of rars, do you really expect it to burn correctly?

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
Khrone said:
Woah, I'm shocked °_°

If your CPU or memory even fails at verification of rars, do you really expect it to burn correctly?

The Cruel Reality.
Actually I was hoping so ._.

Maybe I should try to burn the isos with another pc, but the trouble is to transfer the iso from a pc to another @_@
Anyway, I'm trying again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really, try this:

WiiPower said:
About your CPU problem:
1. If you get problems, don't overclock, so if you did, revert it
2. Clean the cpu fan with a vacuum cleaner from dust, in some cases this is the problem
3. After cleaning, do a RAM test with a memtest boot-cd: http://www.memtest86.com/
Let it run 3-4 complete runs, if you get an error:
a. Set your mainboard settings to safe settings and try again
b. if you have more than one ram module, test them seperately and in different slots and/or different order
c. if the problem still exists, either your CPU or your RAM should be trashed[just a suggestion]

I made some bad experiences with defective RAM, everytime a PC had a strange problem, it was a RAM problem. Most common are "can't copy files" and random system crashes.

PS: Normally updating the firmware of your burner would a good advise too, but if your CPU/RAM is acting strange, there's a risk to brick your burner with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1