Castlevania Harmony of Despair save mod

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by buxiga, Mar 29, 2013.

Mar 29, 2013
  1. buxiga
    OP

Newcomer buxiga Newbie

Brazil
    Hello everyone,

I've been researching this game a lot and I couldn't find ways of hacking its save file in the PS3.
    My objective with this hex edition is to do some research on game mechanics, modifying stats and equipment to test luck hypotesis and preview drop rate, enemies HP with different players and document it.
    I know that the X360 save is hackable with hex editors so I tried my luck on PS3 which is the console I have.
    First, I'm somehow newbie to the hacking scene, so bear with me, please!

The first problem I encounter is that the save files for this game are somehow not ordinary.
    There are 8 files inside the save folder, which are:
    FLM-0-00
    FLM-0-01
    FLM-0-02
    FLM-LIST
    ICON0.PNG
    PARAM.PFD
    PARAM.SFO
    USR-DATA

I tried loading them on Aldo's Bruteforce Save Data tool to mess a little and I can't say I succeded.
    For what I know, I have to open the save file on a hex editor and modify addresses, but I have no idea what to move in those files since I don't know what they are.

Can you guys give me a hint on what should I read or proceed in order to get this to work?

Thank you in advance!

2. Oxa

Newcomer Oxa Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

United States
  3. cearp

Member cearp the ticket master

Tuvalu
    that is a nice guide, thanks :)
    what i like is that it is possible to edit a weapon that cannot be equipped by a character, and forcing it into their equips.
    and that you can force soma's souls into other characters, that is very cool!

4. Oxa

Newcomer Oxa Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

United States
    I'm still bsing around with the file. I've started going around adding 01's to a lot of 00s... and I re-up the save to see if anything in a local game is acting funny.
    I haven't found any changes yet in doing anything else.

In fact, I'd have no clue how to go about forcing weapon equips. Wouldn't you have to add custom offsets or something?

5. cearp

Member cearp the ticket master

Tuvalu