OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well this actually happened a few years back (with 4 DS phats in a row). Here is what happened:

Was playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Actual legit store bought copy) on my DS phat, All of a sudden my DS made like a loud "pop" sound and just went dead. So I figured alright, battery must have died. So I go to plug it in and nothing, it won't respond to my charger.

So I take the DS back and this happens again (So again, return the DS just to have it happen again for the 3rd time). So the final time I decide to take back the DS and the Game. So I get both replaced and all is fine until I get to about 8hrs into the game and then it does it again.

After this point I gave up on the DS for quite some time (This was prior to the DS lite being launched, which of course got me interested in the DS again).

So I ordered a new DS lite (Crimson & Onyx) it will be here tomorrow and I got LoZ:PH and C:PoR as well, however I would like to grab up C:DoS again and play it before starting on C:PoR again (Both for the fact that I like to play games in the order they launch, and because DoS is one of my favorite DS games of all time), however I am nervous as to why this happened in the first place and if anyone thinks it could happen again?

I kind of feel safe playing it since this all happened on my DS phat and now I have a DS lite, but also don't want to jump back through the many hoops of returns.

Thanks for any incite on what could have caused this problem. It was so long ago now its not really a problem anymore and more of just a curiosity.

Thanks for reading and any input.

thetorsoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume a faulty gamecard. I had a legitimate store-bought copy of DoS as well that I played on my DS Phat forever ago, and nothing ever happened to it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Has to be a faulty game card or just absolutely terrible luck. I've had my copy of Dawn of Sorrow for awhile now (played in my DS Phat and everything). No issues with it ever.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
That is kind of what I figured, but just wanted a second opinion before buying another copy of DoS (I just CAN'T stay away from that game).

Though would be super ****** off if I buy it again and it happens again.

(Should also add that I played that copy of DoS for like a year solid before this issue started with it)

yewbowguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you attempt to pull of the infamous teleport glitch?
i heard of it breaking your gamecard if you do that too many times, but i never heard anything that affects the ds itself.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope never did any glitches on it (Not due to a moral sense of not wanting to cheat, just did not know of any glitches). So honestly who knows, as far as I know I might have tried it, no idea honestly.

All I know is that after 4 broken DS's I got ****** off, threw the (last) DS at a brick wall and then bought a PSP. However tomorrow my new DS will show up (Along with Phantom Hourglass and Portrait of Ruin) and then Friday I will be buying the Supercard DSTwo

(The DSTwo will allow me to run my GBA & DS Backups correct??) I also noticed that on dscartshop they have a few different models of the Supercard, which is the one I want for playing my [legit...actually legit] DS & GBA backups?

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Jamio88 said:
....(The DSTwo will allow me to run my GBA & DS Backups correct??)....
I hear that there are a lot of GBA games that don't run or run with problems. You should look for some sort of compatibility list before you buy one and find out none of your GBA games run on it.

QUOTE(Jamio88 @ Jan 27 2011, 02:21 AM) ....I also noticed that on dscartshop they have a few different models of the Supercard, which is the one I want for playing my [legit...actually legit] DS & GBA backups?
You want the one called "Supercard DSTWO". That's the only Supercard that has the extra processor and is capable of playing GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1