Hacking Can't update the AK2i...

NaNat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just bought an AK2i and I believe I followed all the steps correctly, but when I try to update the firmware, the progress just hangs at 0%. Any idea how to fix this?

FYI, first I downloaded the AKAIO 1.8.9 and the firmware update 1.4.4 off Acekard's website. I placed them in the microSD card and ran it on a DS Phat. Am I missing something? The microSD was also formatted to Fat32.

NaNat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is your ak2i real? are you 100% sure?

make sure you use the panasonic formatter.

If AKAIO fails to work then run the update using the Acekard official kernel v4.23
try that and see if it works.

-another world

It seems to be a clone, and I tried everything you said. The card seems to work fine on the DS Phat, it just doesn't want to update..

NaNat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it works on the ds phat, why not run the update on the ds phat?

does your ak2i have the anti-counterfeit code sticker on the back? have you checked it?

-another world

That's what I have been doing, I run the update but the progress stays at 0%. And it does have the sticker, but the code seems to have been checked 9 times already.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
have you checked the code 9 times while trying to figure this all out or was it checked 8 times before the time you checked it? if you only checked it once but it was checked 8 times before then i would need to ask about the sticker. were you the first one to expose the numbers? if yes then you are right, your card is fake. that could very well be why it won't update.

-another world

NaNat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have you checked the code 9 times while trying to figure this all out or was it checked 8 times before the time you checked it? if you only checked it once but it was checked 8 times before then i would need to ask about the sticker. were you the first one to expose the numbers? if yes then you are right, your card is fake. that could very well be why it won't update.

-another world

I only checked it once, I'm not sure if someone else exposed it beforehand but it has definitely been checked 9 times already (not by me). I guess it's a fake...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7BVtGnlxT8