Gaming Can't set up Minecraft server

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm setting up a Minecraft server for me and my friends, and I'm having some trouble setting it up. My friends can't connect to my server, even though I'm using the same set up that my friend used to get his running. We're transferring the host to me since my friend can't always have it up. Any ideas? Everything is port forwarded properly and my desktop's firewall is off. It worked when I hosted it on my laptop, but I can't always have my laptop on since I need to take it to school every day. I made sure that the port is forwarded to my desktop, but it's still blocked according to canyouseeme.org.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reports a port closed. I double checked everything, and everything was fine: ports forwarded to the right IP and firewall on desktop down.

EDIT: I changed the port and now it works fine, but it still won't connect people.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used 25565, 25566, and 59591. I forwarded 25565 and 59591. I just changed 25565 to 25566 when I was trying that. For 25565, canyouseeme reports that connection timed out. For 59591, it reports that it worked.

I disabled the firewall, but that didn't help. I switched from Ubuntu 10.10 to Windows 7 x64 and disabled Windows Firewall, but that didn't work either.

EDIT: I'm making progress. I think. My friends try connecting using [IP]:59591, and get an end of stream error. I can connect using my local IP:59591.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is.

Attachments

• firewall.png
    firewall.png
    45 KB · Views: 272

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh. I just looked at that and it says "Block all connections to programs that are not on the list of allowed programs". I'm assuming that's the issue haha.

After a quick look in settings, I cannot unblock my server since the server files I'm using use a .bat file.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to bump since it's been a couple of days?

Anyways, it seems that the problem is that my laptop seems to take all the connections instead of my desktop. Is there anyway to fix this? The port is pointed to my desktop, but my laptop appears to take the connection instead, resulting in a failed connection.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disabled DMZ and power cycled my router. Didn't solve anything. Right now, the only way I can get people to connect is to use wired tether on my phone to leave the network, start up the server, and tell everyone to connect.

EDIT: Nvm, it worked. I just moved my ethernet cable while powercycling my router. Thanks for the help guys
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    +1
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)