Can't save Pokemon Black 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by hundredhead, Jun 28, 2012.

Jun 28, 2012

Can't save Pokemon Black 2 by hundredhead at 12:17 AM (3,271 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hundredhead
    OP

Newcomer hundredhead Advanced Member

United States
    Alright so I've been playing pokemon black 2 and I had to start over so I just chose new game. I thought I would be able to write over the old one once I'm playing but the game won't let me. So I've been using save states to save, but in the pokewood thing it seems as though you have to save to progress... I've tried deleting the dsv(sav) but the game still won't let me save my new file. I'm using dESmuME by the way. Does anyone know what I can do?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Don't make 2 threads for the same problem. I've reported you're first one, as this is in the right area.

Does it say anything when it "doesn't let you"? Any error that comes up? What's the save type set to?

3. hundredhead
    OP

Newcomer hundredhead Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

Here is what it says, I'm sorry but I can't read japanese, I can only make out the vowels.

The savetype is set to auto detect savetype.

4. kudaku

Member kudaku GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Would you like to write a pokemon report up to now?
    There is a previous report already and unable to write a report.
    For more operation please view the operation manual.

(It is on page 15 for how to delete your previous playthrough save.)

Unfortunately since you've been using save states, you can't go back to the main menu to delete the save without losing your progress...

Link