Homebrew Can't run Sonic CD (Genesis Plus GX)

UltraTintin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everytime I try to load the game the emulator will give me the 'unable to find bios_CD_E.bin' or something.
I have the bios in the folder. Model 1. It's the european one because I'm trying to run the european Sonic CD for better soundtrack.

The file of the game came with "Sonic CD (Europe) (Track 01).7z" followed by "Sonic CD (Europe) (Track XX).ape" and finally "Sonic CD (Europe).cue"

I don't know what I'm missing anymore.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not totally positive but u might have to Manually edit the .INI of the Emulator to point towards ur Bios files.....

Also I believe Sega CD games need to have the Audio Tracks unzipped and together with the Main game file AND they need to be named correctly...

Sonic CD.cue
Sonic CD Track 01.mp3
Sonic CD Track 02.mp3

And so on.......

UltraTintin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Omg I found out my mistake. I named the bios as bios_CD_E.bin <- the .bin being part of the name. I edited it out and now it worked.

The music isn't working though. I'm assuming because of the .ape format?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Omg I found out my mistake. I named the bios as bios_CD_E.bin <- the .bin being part of the name. I edited it out and now it worked.

Genesis Plus GX only supports WAV and OGG vorbis format for music tracks.
MP3 and others are not supported. You might want to convert them to WAV using an online converter of some sort, or try getting the mp3 files and convert them to wav.

UltraTintin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Converted them all to .wav. Except track 01 since that was a bin file.

I tried listening to them on my PC to see if it worked. It did. But on the actual Wii no music plays, except the opening cutscene (the one that plays after a few seconds on the title screen).
No title screen music. No palm tree panic present music. For some reason the PAST theme played...

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Converted them all to .wav. Except track 01 since that was a bin file.

I tried listening to them on my PC to see if it worked. It did. But on the actual Wii no music plays, except the opening cutscene (the one that plays after a few seconds on the title screen).
No title screen music. No palm tree panic present music. For some reason the PAST theme played...
The past music works because it's not CD audio, and it's a part of the game data. Think sound effects.
You don't need a .cue by the way.
My recommendation would be to rip the game again. This time make sure it's just an .iso/.bin and .cue with no external audio. Then all you have to do is load the bin or iso and you don't have to do anything else. You'll get lossless audio.

If you want to save space and don't care about lossless audio, then get an ogg encoder and start encoding them to what ever bitrate you want. Some Virtual Console games have CD audio and they have used 48kbps and 64kbps Vorbis, but that's up to you now.

Check the instructions for the layout, it can also be:
Sonic CD.bin
Sonic CD 02.wav
Sonic CD 03.wav
All the way to...
Sonic CD 35.wav

UltraTintin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally got it to work after making the iso without external audio.

The only issue I have now are brief freezes that happen in the animation sequences and at the end of the time travel cutscenes...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Last edited by Jacobeian,

boxloid0321321

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE DO I GET THE BIOS (bios_CD_E.bin)
I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE PLEASE HELP ME

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE DO I GET THE BIOS (bios_CD_E.bin)
I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE PLEASE HELP ME
Please DO NOT ask for BIOS files, please.
GBAtemp is FOR DISCUSSION ONLY.

All BIOS are copyrighted stuff, so we don't share them here.

Reactions: godreborn

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bumb this old topic, but some informations :
This game works perfect for me on this emulator with music in first try. Just use the right Bios files. And download the correct image of the game, cue an bin files. It definitely works without any problems. Do not convert the image to any other format. Music works with multi bin files. Put all Bios files in the correct folder, for Mega CD v1.1 and v1.2 and NTSC and PAL, the emulator will use the right one.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
bumb this old topic, but some informations :
This game works perfect for me on this emulator with music in first try. Just use the right Bios files. And download the correct image of the game, cue an bin files. It definitely works without any problems. Do not convert the image to any other format. Music works with multi bin files. Put all Bios files in the correct folder, for Mega CD v1.1 and v1.2 and NTSC and PAL, the emulator will use the right one.
I'm using SEGA MEGA CD (JP) BIOS, with my rom of Sonic CD (JP) in ISO+OGG+CUE, and it works great too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: gn