Homebrew cant run roms from usb

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i duplicated the folders exactly from the sd card onto a fat32 partition on my hdd but when i got to load it says usb device not found?
wtf.gif

and yes i have hermes 202 installed cos i can load psx roms from it.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i duplicated the folders exactly from the sd card onto a fat32 partition on my hdd but when i got to load it says usb device not found?
wtf.gif

and yes i have hermes 202 installed cos i can load psx roms from it.

With the newest versions of nes/snes/gba emu's you have to use Tantrics new ios202

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not the latest emu, the latest version of the cios 222, it is needed to run the emu

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no idea which one you have installed, try installing the cios from the link i gave you and see what the result is

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sod knows then mate, try going to settings and make sure the load device is set to usb

other things i can think that you may need to check....

1.make sure the usb port used on your hdd is the bottom port one

2.make sure the loader for the emu is in the apps folder and that the main configuration, rom folder, etc remain at the root of your hdd

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tried everything it just refuses to detect it even got to the menu where you can click usb mass storage keeps saying it. vga and gens detect it fine but not snes. so fuck it in the ass than it can go to hell it must not work with the cover mod.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It would help if you stated which EXACT version of emulators you are using, same which IOS202 installer you used (we are not in your mind you know, and i should say "thanks god" for that :-) )...

Now you must be doing something wrong on your side because it works for most people who correctly followed the instructions. That's said, it seems the last version of snes,fceu,vba have issues with some usb devices that worked before (a new cios202 was introduced to give access to both usb ports but apparently the new code to handle it is bugged).

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bladexdsl said:
......it must not work with the cover mod.

I think this is your answer right here..... the cover mod is based on an older version, snes9xgx only started using 202 about 7 or 8 revisions ago - if you really want to use usb then grab the latest version and do without the boxart for the time being...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-