Hacking Can't run channels from SD card

JordenNixNix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dear GBAtemp,

I have a very annoying problem on my softmodded Wii!

When I install a channel with Wad manager 1.4 and the channel is installed (IOS 236 because 249 won't work),

I want to copy (with Wii management) the installed channel to an SD card (because my wii is running out of blocks)
And delete the channel from the Wii.

When I going to the channel on the SD card menu and try to open the installed channel, I get a massage "there is an error occurred" or in dutch "er is een fout opgetreden"

I can play the installed wad games on the Wii itself but I can't launch them from my SD card. I want to play the .wad channels from an SD card en delete it from the Wii to save blocks.

Only the following channels can I launch from the SD card:

-pokémon rumble.wad
-Paper Mario.wad
-Hydroventure.wad
Castlevania the adventure rebirth.wad

-and all official Wii shopping channel titels

How can I fix this?

Here is some information from my Wii:

- firmare Wii 4.3E (The most newest)
- It's a PAL Wii
- SD card 4GB is formatted as FAT 32
- I use Wad manager 1.4 to install my wad channels (IOS236)
- I installed Bootmii as boot 2
- I installed bootmii and the hombrew channel with Letterbomb
- I have the most recent hombrew channel
- I download my wad channels from these site *snip*

Please help. My Wii will running out of free memory.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ios80 needs to be patched in order for your wads to work when transferred, use ModMii for this and you're sorted! (You may or may not need to redo the whole install to Wii/transfer to sd after this, try what doesn't work first before resorting to that though ;) )

JordenNixNix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I install IOS 80 like IOS 236 via homebrew channel. (homebrew app)

I don't have the opportunity to use PC software because I can't instal programs withoud the admin.
Is there no homebrew app that can do the patch?

And is it 100% save because the system menu use also this IOS 80?

astifoman11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you mightymuffy,

your advice did very well!

I have patched IOS 80 but on a different way. I have used the homebrew app "Simple IOS Patcher"

Thanks!

Hey, just wondering. What did you exactly do to patch ios80? Do you have to download something before patching ios80? Or once your wii is softmodded do you straight away just get simpleiospatcher and patch ios 80 without doing anything before it? Please help OP.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How would I do this? As I just hit the magical system memory limit…
You need to use a USB Loader Application which loads game from an external storage device.

Two applications are Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX and can be launched using an app called The Homebrew Channel.

From there, you create an emulated NAND (a copy of your internal storage inside the external storage device).

You can then launch and play the Wii Channels inside the external storage from either Wiiflow or USBLoaderGX.

If you want to do it properly, you should use a pre-made "neek2o" emunand, an external hard drive with a Y-Cable or external power supply, and individually configure each Wii Channel to either use Neek mode or not depending on if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1