Homebrew Can't restore SD card, lost digital game saves

Cosmic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I could just restore my SD Files. How would I fix this? An older backup works, but when booting DSI titles, I get an error, same with Gameboy, but NES games work, and I got my saves back via old backup. These are all ambassador games by the way.

Reactions: Vladimir15

Cosmic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you restore it? What is the error?
My emunand doesn't boot when copying my "Nintendo 3DS" folder. I also have double the stock apps, which go away after launching Miiverse and exiting, or whatever home menu refreshing action.

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What about using save manager and extradatadump homebrew apps to extract them them inject them to emunand.

Cosmic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you re inject the backup emunand? One cannot Drag and drop and hope emunand will be fine
See, I inject my NAND.bin, and get my things back, but then I can't update. Injecting lower emunand firmware, and it doesn't boot. I have to clone my 9.2 sysnand, so my emunand is 9.2, then inject my NAND.bin, or Emunand.bin.

Cosmic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the backup files and emunand made at the same time?
No. I am using a backup I made before even creating Emunand. My saves and stuff work if my emunand is on 9.2, I just can't update. I get a black screen on "Creating Home Menu" or something of that variant.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First pretend you never made emunand before, sysnand keys will be 1,emunand will be 2,when you made your backup,all games were linked to 1,and when you create emunand,it makes a copy from sysnand meaning emunand keys will be 1 too so when unlinking by formating sysnand,it's keys switch to like ugh...3...so the saves and games in your sd card are still linked with 1 and won't work with 3,3=/=1,but it still works with emunand since both of the keys are 1 and sysnand is 3 meaning that's now unlinked nand, problem if you create a new emunand, it will have the key 3 since it copy's sysnand, and your sd backup files is linked to key 1 since it was made before emunand and you formatted after...get what im trying to say, the sd files don't match with current emunand keys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To backup your emunand system, backup emunand with a tool and copy the sd files linked with it

Last edited by James310,

Cosmic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First pretend you never made emunand before, sysnand keys will be 1,emunand will be 2,when you made your backup,all games were linked to 1,and when you create emunand,it makes a copy from sysnand meaning emunand keys will be 1 too so when unlinking by formating sysnand,it's keys switch to like ugh...3...so the saves and games in your sd card are still linked with 1 and won't work with 3,3=/=1,but it still works with emunand since both of the keys are 1 and sysnand is 3 meaning that's now unlinked nand, problem if you create a new emunand, it will have the key 3 since it copy's sysnand, and your sd backup files is linked to key 1 since it was made before emunand and you formatted after...get what im trying to say, the sd files don't match with current emunand keys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To backup your emunand system, backup emunand with a tool and copy the sd files linked with it
Gotcha, ok. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: A knuckle sandwich with extra grease.