Can't restore SD card, lost digital game saves

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Cosmic, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    I thought I could just restore my SD Files. How would I fix this? An older backup works, but when booting DSI titles, I get an error, same with Gameboy, but NES games work, and I got my saves back via old backup. These are all ambassador games by the way.

Vladimir15 likes this.
  2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Why can't you restore it? What is the error?

3. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    My emunand doesn't boot when copying my "Nintendo 3DS" folder. I also have double the stock apps, which go away after launching Miiverse and exiting, or whatever home menu refreshing action.

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    did you re inject the backup emunand? One cannot Drag and drop and hope emunand will be fine

5. Vladimir15

Vladimir15 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2015
    What about using save manager and extradatadump homebrew apps to extract them them inject them to emunand.

6. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Yes, I injected emunand.bin

7. James310

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Are the backup files and emunand made at the same time?

8. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    See, I inject my NAND.bin, and get my things back, but then I can't update. Injecting lower emunand firmware, and it doesn't boot. I have to clone my 9.2 sysnand, so my emunand is 9.2, then inject my NAND.bin, or Emunand.bin.

9. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    No. I am using a backup I made before even creating Emunand. My saves and stuff work if my emunand is on 9.2, I just can't update. I get a black screen on "Creating Home Menu" or something of that variant.

10. James310

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Before?!? ...can I ask...are your emunand and sysnand unlinked (before when it was working)

11. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Yes, they're unlinked.

12. James310

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    0-0 give me time to wright the explanation

13. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    So basically, I went from being an upcoming web developer, being pretty good with tech and knowing a bit of code here and there, to being an absolute idiot? Lol, nice.

14. James310

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    First pretend you never made emunand before, sysnand keys will be 1,emunand will be 2,when you made your backup,all games were linked to 1,and when you create emunand,it makes a copy from sysnand meaning emunand keys will be 1 too so when unlinking by formating sysnand,it's keys switch to like ugh...3...so the saves and games in your sd card are still linked with 1 and won't work with 3,3=/=1,but it still works with emunand since both of the keys are 1 and sysnand is 3 meaning that's now unlinked nand, problem if you create a new emunand, it will have the key 3 since it copy's sysnand, and your sd backup files is linked to key 1 since it was made before emunand and you formatted after...get what im trying to say, the sd files don't match with current emunand keys

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To backup your emunand system, backup emunand with a tool and copy the sd files linked with it

Last edited by James310, Jan 24, 2016
  15. Cosmic
    OP

Cosmic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Gotcha, ok. Thank you