Can't play Fire Emblem Fates online even after updating Luma3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jrc1, Nov 25, 2017.

  1. jrc1
    OP

    jrc1 Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    I want to try playing FE fates online, but it gives me the error code: 002-0119 message, saying that I need to update my 3ds firmware, which I can't do because I want to keep using Luma.
    I tried to search on google, and it's said that I need to update my Luma, which then I did (currently it's on 8.11-9c5766f, which is the latest hourly build available). It still doesn't work, and it still prompts me to update my firmware.

    And I also have another problem. I'm using the USA version of FE fates (I think), and only able to found the EUR version of the Map Path DLC for this. After searching online how to install it, I changed the base game into EUR region & English Language using LumaNightly, and then install the DLC using FBI. I started the game, but nothing changes. I go to the Extras inside the game, and try "Delete DLC", but it says that there's no DLC installed.

    So, can anyone please tell me how to play this game online, and how to install DLC?
    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. lisreal2401

    lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    7
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Update the firmware of the console itself from settings. It won't break anything.
     
    Quantumcat and jrc1 like this.
  3. jrc1
    OP

    jrc1 Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    Thank you! I did see some people saying that it's fine to update to the latest firmware, but the posts are really old (most of them saying that I have to put arm9loader on my root), so I was quite unsure whether it's really okay or not to update with the current version of Luma.

    I updated the system firmware now, and the online system works, so thank you!!

    Still struggling with how to install the DLC though.
    My FE Fates base game is region free, and after searching for a while, I finally found both the USA and EUR version of the DLC. Tried to install the EUR one, it doesn't work, so I tried to uninstall the DLC and reinstall using the USA version. And to no avail, it doesn't work either. I'm running out of ideas now about how to make the base game detect the DLC, because it keeps saying that there's no DLC available. Really hope someone can give me an insight of what to do OTL

    edit: btw I'm using the Japanese 3DS, and I don't know if it really is the reason why I can't run the DLC in the first place
     
    Last edited by jrc1, Nov 25, 2017
  4. lisreal2401

    lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    7
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    If it's running Japanese firmware, you might need to use Luma locale switcher and patch the game for it to detect the DLC. It's a homebrew app you can run from the menu - just load it and patch the game's detection as USA/EUR (depending on which version you have) and it should show up in game after.
     
  5. omarroms

    omarroms GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    4
    Nov 26, 2002
    United States
    The Internet
    try this, hold select while powering on the 3ds to enter luma3ds settings. turn on enable game patching. dlc should now work as long as the dlc is for the right region of the game.
     
    Last edited by omarroms, Nov 25, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...