Hacking Can't Play Code Name STEAM on GW, Weird issues

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been looking for this game for awhile. I finally get home and DL it on an extra micro SD I hadn't opened yet. I formatted it as FAT32 and when I put the micro SD in my red card GW loaded up and the game and icon popped up, yet when I played it I was stuck on the loading screen. I then got my older card and deleted a game to make room for it to see if it was the card. When I tried to play it on that card I got Fragmentation Error. I'm really confused since they were the same DL and I've tried downloading the .3ds file which is in 2 parts various times but I still can't get the damn game to work. Anybody else having trouble with this? Am I not doing something right? Is there a way I can try to turn it into a .CIA file or something and put it on an extra regular SD card?? Thanks for any tips you can toss my way.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I've been looking for this game for awhile. I finally get home and DL it on an extra micro SD I hadn't opened yet. I formatted it as FAT32 and when I put the micro SD in my red card GW loaded up and the game and icon popped up, yet when I played it I was stuck on the loading screen. I then got my older card and deleted a game to make room for it to see if it was the card. When I tried to play it on that card I got Fragmentation Error. I'm really confused since they were the same DL and I've tried downloading the .3ds file which is in 2 parts various times but I still can't get the damn game to work. Anybody else having trouble with this? Am I not doing something right? Is there a way I can try to turn it into a .CIA file or something and put it on an extra regular SD card?? Thanks for any tips you can toss my way.
Make sure you play this game on an updated emunand (at least 9.3). It uses a newer sdk.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an updated EMUNAND? I'm sorry I always get confused about NAND, SYSNAND, etc... I'm guessing I need it to think I'm on newer firmware? So I need to DL the latest Gateway installer or what exactly do I need to do?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to format your gateway micro sd card as exFAT
Yep, the red card mSD should be exFAT regardless of size. If it still an issue find another copy. Mine loads fine.

On an updated EMUNAND? I'm sorry I always get confused about NAND, SYSNAND, etc... I'm guessing I need it to think I'm on newer firmware? So I need to DL the latest Gateway installer or what exactly do I need to do?

Let's start with where you are at now. When you power on the system you are in sysnand. Go to system settings and read the version number. Exit then run your exploit, you now should be in emunand, go to system settings and read the version number and it should start with GW. Exit and you are back in sysnand.

Report your findings. :)

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

Start by reading the Gateway manual on their website before you kill the GW exploit. Emunand is a sandboxed version of the 3DS OS running from the internal memory card. You can update the emunand safely to access the eShop, without updating the sysnand and killing the Gateway exploit in the process.

Reactions: thorasgar

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm on Gateway Ultra v3.0.3 running 8.1.0 US version regular. This is for my XL. For my regular 3DS I was able to downgrade it to 4.5 and launch it GW thru L button and profile but I must have overwrote something on that card because it doesn't work anymore. It's still confusing to me a little bit.

But basically I need to upgrade my 3DS or just use a newer GW version to DL from their site?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm on Gateway Ultra v3.0.3 running 8.1.0 US version regular. This is for my XL. For my regular 3DS I was able to downgrade it to 4.5 and launch it GW thru L button and profile but I must have overwrote something on that card because it doesn't work anymore. It's still confusing to me a little bit.

But basically I need to upgrade my 3DS or just use a newer GW version to DL from their site?

Update your Gateway's Launcher.dat to the latest version, and please please please read this in its entirety before doing anything else.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhgggh this is so confusing I wanted to play DS games on my regular 3ds and now I can't play any .3ds games. It'll fail to go to gateway site or mode when I put in the red cartidge and other memory stick. I wanted to see if my downgraded 3ds would have played it but now it's gunna take me hours of playing around between a computer that can take SD cards and my computer that can take microSD cards. Guess I'll have to experiment with my XL which I've always played it safe with and used my regular as an experimental. I guess I'll DL the newest launcher.dat for my XL and reload everything on my micro SD in one big batch. If I bought this game would I be forced to upgrade as well?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhgggh this is so confusing I wanted to play DS games on my regular 3ds and now I can't play any .3ds games. It'll fail to go to gateway site or mode when I put in the red cartidge and other memory stick. I wanted to see if my downgraded 3ds would have played it but now it's gunna take me hours of playing around between a computer that can take SD cards and my computer that can take microSD cards. Guess I'll have to experiment with my XL which I've always played it safe with and used my regular as an experimental. I guess I'll DL the newest launcher.dat for my XL and reload everything on my micro SD in one big batch. If I bought this game would I be forced to upgrade as well?

Just hold tight there buddy. 3ds.essh.co reporting code name steam as having 9.4U on it. Do not use this cart until the situation is clarified. Not sure how the scene dump works but the game must not require 9.4 to run.

I know you are confused but the incomplete picture you are providing is confusing us as well. What cart were you using to play ds games? Get a $8 multi usb card reader from Walmart. I have a Targus and it works great.

Your launcher is out of date. Use 3.1 launcher. Read the manual. Reformat your Sd cards and start over. Just load a game or two at first for testing.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just hold tight there buddy. 3ds.essh.co reporting code name steam as having 9.4U on it. Do not use this cart until the situation is clarified. Not sure how the scene dump works but the game must not require 9.4 to run.

I know you are confused but the incomplete picture you are providing is confusing us as well. What cart were you using to play ds games? Get a $8 multi usb card reader from Walmart. I have a Targus and it works great.

Your launcher is out of date. Use 3.1 launcher. Read the manual. Reformat your Sd cards and start over. Just load a game or two at first for testing.
Unrelated to this thread, but why can the game not require 9.4?

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Brain fart. I guess it can I have in on emenand 9.5. :) Still had it in my head the highest update is 9.2 but this game just came out.
Yeah I'm on emuNAND 9.4 myself and haven't updated for quite some days, but it's indeed peculiar if the game actually requires such a recent firmware nonetheless

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all we need to do is update when in gateway mode? I mean *ONLY UPDATE WHEN YOU SEE GW*? lol Do we have to work about previous game saves? Since the saves for .3ds games are saved on the ROMS themselves right?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all we need to do is update when in gateway mode? I mean *ONLY UPDATE WHEN YOU SEE GW*? lol Do we have to work about previous game saves? Since the saves for .3ds games are saved on the ROMS themselves right?
Nope. There are two kinds of saves. Cart 1 and 2. Cart 1 games (most of them) are .sav files on the internal SD. Cart 2 save to the .3ds/3dz file.

blubbermetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i update my emunand from 9.2 to 9.5?
the Gateway website says
"Works on 2DS, 3DS & 3DS XL (Firmware 4.1-9.2)"
are they talking about the exploit working or emunand compatibility?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i update my emunand from 9.2 to 9.5?
the Gateway website says
"Works on 2DS, 3DS & 3DS XL (Firmware 4.1-9.2)"
are they talking about the exploit working or emunand compatibility?
Firmware. Never go over 9.2 on sysnand. Yes, update emunand to 9.5 while you can and as always make a backup. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.