Hacking Question Cant open HB menu in atmosphere 0.8.8

Nekochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using Atmosphere 0.8.8 on OFW 8.0, hb menu not appearing on my 2nd boot up even i hold R and press A at album.

Setsuna010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tested a new time and no it still doesn't work Atmosphere boot without Hbloader. can we somehow bypass the key to bot with Hbmenu ?

Thx.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tested a new time and no it still doesn't work Atmosphere boot without Hbloader. can we somehow bypass the key to bot with Hbmenu ?

Thx.
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong.
Just wipe any Atmo stuff from your SD, pull latest Atmo (or even better: KOSMOS) and put it on the SD.
Then hold R (hold it until you actually see the hbmenu!) while starting anything on the Switch including any game or the album applet.

Edit: If you use a game/title then yes, even hold R while you confirm your user.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Setsuna010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cleaned Atmosphere, losmos and Hekate folder on the SD, réinstalled the latest kosmos and now Hekate boot directly on Sept, no prompt for the R key and still no HBLoader !

Tired without Hkate and using fusee-primary direcly on my computer and i have the R key prompt but still no HbMenu.

If you have another idea or a workaround i'll be glad !

Thx in advance !

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cleaned Atmosphere, losmos and Hekate folder on the SD, réinstalled the latest kosmos and now Hekate boot directly on Sept, no prompt for the R key and still no HBLoader !

Tired without Hkate and using fusee-primary direcly on my computer and i have the R key prompt but still no HbMenu.

If you have another idea or a workaround i'll be glad !

Thx in advance !

You hold down R and Press A to get into homebrew menu.

daftbaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same problem here, no hb menu when i press and hold R while opening album.
Wanting to do the suggested clean up, but have no clue what i can clean.
Looking for the loader.ini but apparantly the suggested text is already in place.

replaced the text in the loader.ini anyway , and we have succes ! phew

Last edited by daftbaz,

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
it means the apps are being started without the holding down of a "hotbutton" on a installed nsp or game to enable full memory. if you do this one its fixed the "aplet mode" prompt will disapear.....

in the old days i used it to implement a faster better dynarec n64 core in retroarch

Last edited by KnightRiderX420,

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
the buttons atm are broken on nx menue for homebrew apps they need to be rewritten

thats why if your an hbg user the nsp got updated to version 2 npow buttons work for that

WAIT i will check somethin...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you go into kosmos toolkit and change override by default to on then make your hotkey R and press home to save when you get back to menue hold r while selecting a game not the album and it will indeed change aplet mode wil be gone

I have noticed that buttons fail to work in this mose as well at least in appstore i will try others as well... reinstalling retroarch with hopes that will probly be null but here goes. :)

Last edited by KnightRiderX420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played