Can't manage to compile

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mrrraou, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mrrraou
    OP

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Hello there,
    I tried to compile sysupdater, but without success.
    First, it gave me an error about zlib, so I added the zlib files.
    Next, it gave me an error about unknown variables (these were FS functions), so I added #include <ctr/FS.h> to headers.
    But I'm stuck here with this error: http://pastebin.com/GWRukS7D
    Can someone please help me ? I want to make some modifications, so I don't want the compiled release.

EDIT: Just saw that I failed with the title.. Seems like I can't edit that. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Mrrraou, Oct 25, 2015
    JustPingo likes this.
  2. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Try taking the ctr/ part out of the include, I think you're including the wrong header, and the one you need is inside the include folder, though it should already be included

Mrrraou likes this.
  3. Mrrraou
    OP

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    That what I was thinking, but the fs.h from the include folder is already included, I really don't know what am I doing wrong.

4. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    I think profi200 is in the process of updating some stuff which broke compilation for the time being, you could probably do a git revert of it and get the version that compiles OR you could just go to the releases section and grab the precompiled version :)

Mrrraou likes this.
  5. Mrrraou
    OP

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    I tried with an older version; I tried to compile the 0.4.1 release source code (which doesn't have the 2 last commits).
    I still have the same error, and I haven't edited anything.
    I don't want the compiled version; if it had a .elf file, I would take it; but it does only have a .cia and a .3dsx.

6. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    just managed to build the 0.4.1 with one mod to the source I changed nothing except the hidInit(NULL); line to hidInit(); in main.cpp because with the latest libctru it errors (this may or may not work I'm not sure)

Attached Files:

Mrrraou likes this.
  7. Mrrraou
    OP

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    OMG, thanks a lot ! How did you managed to do that ? Could you explain me please ?
    Did you have the not declared issue ?

Last edited by Mrrraou, Oct 25, 2015
  8. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    nope didn't have that issue, I just did make and did the one line change I noted above, you may need libctru if you do git clone this https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib and do a make then do make install then everything should compile (as long as you have devkitpro installed ofc) I AM running this on a linux machine (much easier to set up) but that shouldn't make a difference

Last edited by dark_samus3, Oct 25, 2015
    Mrrraou likes this.
  9. Mrrraou
    OP

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    It worked, thanks a lot ! :lol: