Can't keep EDGE "inserted"...

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by Sodaoy, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008

Can't keep EDGE "inserted"... by Sodaoy at 2:59 AM (1,162 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Sodaoy
    OP

Newcomer Sodaoy Newbie

United States
    I don't know what causes it, but I just barely started using the EDGE I ordered some months ago, like really using it.

I've got a stupid weird problem with it, though... Sometimes when I turn on the DS, it says there's no cartridge inserted, so I remove it and reinsert it and sometimes that fixes it..

Though, when it does work, sometimes, randomly, the game I'm playing will glitch out and then I'll turn on and off the DS and I'm back @ "No cartridge inserted".

Is there something wrong with my Edge or is there something wrong with my DS?

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance!!

2. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    This happens with my R4 (although it won't freeze when its in a game)

My EDGE works first time every time though [​IMG]

3. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have had this happen with Official games along with my R4, although havn't had it stop in the middle of a game.

Maybe the contacts in your DS are just a little dirty. Have you tried blowing into the slot?

4. Crowbanana

Newcomer Crowbanana Member

Australia
    Blowing is highly ineffective, try a damp cloth and giving them a scrub, that works the majority of the time.

5. Sodaoy
    OP

Newcomer Sodaoy Newbie

United States
    Yeah I had that idea AFTER I posted, go figure.

I took a lint free cloth + some alcohol and cleaned the Edge Contacts (they're a lot shinier than before)

Also I rubbed a bit on he internal contacts inside of the DS...

I put the Edge in there and played a bit, then shook around the DS some, turned it on and off a few times, and the cartridge was fine..

Hopefully that was all there was to it... will know more after some days with it!

Thanks, guys!

6. WrSmega

Member WrSmega GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just blow into the bottom of the cart, it should work, I've done this for my other ds games

don't spit into it though

7. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Make sure the Micro SD is in properly, and whilst your playing avoid touching the Flashcard in anyway. DS Game cards and flashcards are very sensitive, a simple touch on the top of them can cause your game to freeze and stop working.