Hacking Can't install WADs...

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have had my Wii modded for a while now, and for some reason it decided to not install WADs anymore. I have been trying to install the correct IOS's and such, but I have failed to do so. I repeatedly receive this error message:

[+] Opening "Game.wad," please wait...ok!

[+] Installing WAD, please wait...
>> Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret = -2011)

Press any button to continue...

I have WAD Manager v1.5. Is there any way I an fix this? I don't want to go through the trouble of un-modding my Wii...I've tried to attempt that as a last resort, and even that didn't work. But doing that didn't change anything, so that's not the problem either.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that you need a trucha'd IOS or preferably a cIOS. You could use a patched IOS36, but the better thing to do would be installing IOS249 with a patched 36, then using that. If you go find a guide, it'll show you step-by-step how to do all of this.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PeregrinFig said:
The problem is that you need a trucha'd IOS or preferably a cIOS. You could use a patched IOS36, but the better thing to do would be installing IOS249 with a patched 36, then using that. If you go find a guide, it'll show you step-by-step how to do all of this.
IOS236 is the best, because it's using IOS36 v3351, that's the best IOS to install everything, it has all needed bugs. And it's completely patched, all 4 bugs added to it, this can install everything in every version.

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed your directions and I get the SAME message. I actually thought it would work too....I have HBC 1.0.8 and YAWMM and I did install IOS236. I really don't understand why this is not working... is there any other IOS's that I need to install? Or is there another method? This is really getting to me...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fate0fTehFall3n said:
Well I followed your directions and I get the SAME message. I actually thought it would work too....I have HBC 1.0.8 and YAWMM and I did install IOS236. I really don't understand why this is not working... is there any other IOS's that I need to install? Or is there another method? This is really getting to me...
Sounds like the wad is broken or invalid. Are you able to install other wads?

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the WADs I have tried came up with the same error. Maybe they are broken...I'll try a completely new WAD, and I'll tell you the results.

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't work....tried a clean download, clean install...no dice. Do I need to download any IOS or cIOS files other than IOS236? I'm trying to play my Sonic the Hedgehog 4 right now. I tried putting Bit.Trip on earlier, and I always get the SAME error. I don't understand since I was able to install my WADs at an earlier date before.

T

TheRealVisitor

Fate0fTehFall3n said:
Didn't work....tried a clean download, clean install...no dice. Do I need to download any IOS or cIOS files other than IOS236? I'm trying to play my Sonic the Hedgehog 4 right now. I tried putting Bit.Trip on earlier, and I always get the SAME error. I don't understand since I was able to install my WADs at an earlier date before.

Sonic 4 runs on IOS56. Maybe you have to install a new version of that too. Use ModMii for that.

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I downloaded WAD Manager 1.7, but how do I install it? I've been looking around everywhere for a solution to this, and it has all been in vein...

T

TheRealVisitor

Fate0fTehFall3n said:
Alright, I downloaded WAD Manager 1.7, but how do I install it? I've been looking around everywhere for a solution to this, and it has all been in vein...

You have to put wad manager on your sd card, SD:\\apps\wadmanager17\boot.dol, and run it through HBC. Your "game".wad has to be on the SD Card too e.g. in the wad folder SD:\\wad\"game".wad. Inside Wad Manager 1.7 follow the instructions to install the wad from SD using ISO 249 as base for installation.

Just in case your Wii is heavy outdated. Do a complete rehack using latest ModMii and update your Wii to FW 4.2.

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually might be it...my Wii is from when it was first released. So How would I go through and rehack it? Just download an updated version of ModMii? Can you post the resources as well, since I have really been working on fixing this since 2pm today - it's now almost 10pm - and my mind is just shot. I have seen other people have this error on the internet, but they never had theirs solved either. So maybe this can help everyone.

mayonaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fate0fTehFall3n said:
That actually might be it...my Wii is from when it was first released. So How would I go through and rehack it? Just download an updated version of ModMii? Can you post the resources as well, since I have really been working on fixing this since 2pm today - it's now almost 10pm - and my mind is just shot. I have seen other people have this error on the internet, but they never had theirs solved either. So maybe this can help everyone.
The sticky for modmii is at the top of the wii hacking forum. This is a great tool answer the few questions pertaining to your specific wii and run the wizard it will give you a guide, read it follow it your done!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...just a thought....feel free to dismiss this if it's not possible....

if it was working until now and he likely has installed wads before...maybe he's installed MANY wads...as in TOO MANY wads....could his system memory be full?

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
maybe it's not working because he installed cIOSX rev20,and remember that one prevents IOS reload,try going to cIOS rev17,i assure you it will work,i had the same problem
wink.gif

Fate0fTehFall3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all...good morning everyone! (If your in the US anyway
wink.gif
)

QUOTE said:
...just a thought....feel free to dismiss this if it's not possible....

if it was working until now and he likely has installed wads before...maybe he's installed MANY wads...as in TOO MANY wads....could his system memory be full?

I have checked my Wii and it has 1000+ blocks of space, so that is not possible.

QUOTEmaybe it's not working because he installed cIOSX rev20,and remember that one prevents IOS reload,try going to cIOS rev17,i assure you it will work,i had the same problem wink.gif

I know I shouldn't be lazy, but could you please direct me to any resources that I would need? I've been trying to fix this myself for over 12 hours in vein, so I think I deserve at least some leeway... ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂