Can't go Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JoeyH367, Jun 18, 2011.

1. JoeyH367
    OP

JoeyH367 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2011
    Mexico
    I recently got my Acekard 2i, after reading everything I could find about it, I set it up with AKAIO 1.8.7, I put a few roms on it and ran it.

But Acekard won't allow me to get on Wi-Fi. It says it can't find an access point. I go to WFC Settings through one of the ROMs, and it detects my wireless connection, but it just doesn't access, even after I put correctly the WEP key. I tried formatting and re-installing files into my SD card, tried different versions of the Wi-Fi Plugin (all I could find were wfplugin.ak4 files with varying sizes), but it still won't go wifi.

I know I set up my connection correctly, as it works with a genuine retail Pokemon Black cart, but it doesn't work with my Acekard.

Did I get a faulty kit? Should I try something else? Am I doing something wrong? I need help urgently.

2. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    interesting... wifi is typically SSID broadcast enabled, WEP.... try a different game for setting up the wifi? (i use super mario kart or clubhouse games) and also set it up in the system menu of the DSi if you have a DSi/3DS.

i have mac filtering on in my router and when I add a new MAC i have to reboot the router.

try rebooting the router also

3. JoeyH367
    OP

JoeyH367 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2011
    Mexico
    Thank you, it's now working. Actually, seems like it was working all along, but the problem was the ROM I was using to set the conection up with. I always used Mario Kart, because it was the first one on my list, but when I tried with my Pokemon White ROM, it worked just fine.

Still, Mario Kart won't let me use Wi-Fi, but Pokemon was my priority anyway. Thanks again.

4. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    You might have download play/wireless disabled in the AKAIO menu.