Hacking Can't get Monster Hunter Portable 3rd running

SybreTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5.50 Prometheus 4 (GEN D-4). When I start the game, the screen flashes red, then fades to black, and remains that way. However, the game seems to have booted in some capacity, as when I press Home, the "Really quit game?" screen pops up in Japanese text.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How long have you waited for it? I'm on the same settings and mine work fine, with or without the English patch. It's a little slow on the upload but after that it works fine. If it takes more than 2 minutes to load, assume it's a bad dump and replace it.

SybreTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've let it sit at the black screen for a few minutes, nothing ever changes. I'm sure it's not the dump, because everyone I know has used the same and it works. =/

SybreTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I've been reading a few things on google, and I've seen pegasus.prx and stargate.prx thrown around in a few threads.. And noticed my PSP doesn't contain these files. Could this have something to do with it?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Could possibly be a problem with your memory card, the read speed is too low, perhaps. Not exactly sure how all that works, I've never encountered it personally. All I know is that an untouched ISO will play on those settings on a PSP 1000 model without incident. Therefore the firmware is not the issue. If the ISO is confirmed working by others then it must be a hardware issue.

SybreTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.. You know what, it could be the write speed. I bought a cheap 4 gig memory stick not too long ago. When putting games onto the stick, it takes forever to transfer it on, like 5 minutes+ just to transfer a 1 gig file. But I've never had any issues with it, the games have always played just fine, until this one. My old ones would transfer 1 gig files in a minute or less. So I'm gonna try it on my 2GB stick.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a bad dump more likely, if you have not had any problem with any other game.

Try using UberOne's Easy corruption fixer (or whatever it is called) and if that find nothing, then format it in the PSP. I had a problem running Patapon 2 when it came out it did what you described.

If that does not work I say redownload a clean version, and patch it yourself. check out my FileTrip files I have all the patches there.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Press Triangle when highlighting your memory card in the XMB, select 'info' and see if it has the MagicGate icon. If not, it may be fake and that might be the problem. My 4GB fake Sony is the only card that's ever given me trouble. All my Sandisk cards work fine.

SybreTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiiiinally got it working. What I had to do, was press Select on the XMB, and change my ISO Video Mode to M33 Driver. It was on OE isofs for some reason.

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. Thing is mine is already on m33 driver. I finallly got my first PSP modded and i can't play this
frown.gif
Its not a bad rom because my friend has it and it works perfectly fine for him. Any tips on what to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.