Gaming cant get kinnect games to work

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys , had 360 modded last year (not j-tagged) and all has been fine , 2 little girls so they play wii, and have not downloaded much lately.
want to get kinnect for christmas and downloaded kinnect sports and it just comes up play dvd and goes to logo. i believe i need to update dashboard but will that mess w/ all my other games already burned. 2 , i thought the dash update was on all kinnect games, and 3 its a lite on dvd i have in xbox. could someone pls advise on what to do thanks

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you need to update you dashboard to the new Kinect DashBoard, since its modded I would update it offline but they are easy to find. Just download it (extract if needed) and put on a FAT32 formatted USB or burn it to a disc and update. No it won't mess up anything. I recently modded then updated a console this way.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanted to add 1 more thing, i have been reading and would i need a boot disk like the sega saturn used to use for the lite on dvd

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
What brand dvd drive is in your Xbox, if you have an older Samsumng or Hitachi drive then the newer games are playable (but with the hitachi drive you need to download and install the full update from xbox.com to make the games work, I dont understand why), but not might be entirely safe to play on life (especially late model Hitachi) if you have a newer Xbox then the newer games with AP25 will not work until a new LT+ firmware is released.

Edit: just realized you said you had a lite-on drive, this means that the newer games that come with the new dashboard update on the disc WILL NOT work on your xbox 360, and if you try to run them they will "flag" and very likely cause your system to get banned. Wait tell LT+ is released before attempting to run these days!

Also updating to the Dashboard is fine as far as keeping your drive in tact, all older games youve burned will still work, this only effects newer games that have "ap25".

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah basically you can't play those games until the new LT+ fw is out and if you have already tried to play them on the new dash, the console will now be flagged for a ban.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never play online live so i dont care if i get banned but my big problem is buying the kinnect and giving it to the kids from SANTA and then not having the games work. do u guys think there will be a fix b4 christmas. what is the name of the file i am looking for to update dash .thanks for all your input so fast .

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine is not j-tagged so what is the name of the file to download for dash update and are all kinnect games protected or will any run w/ out the lt+ update

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
just update and forget about which games don't work on your console after the update, there are only a few newest games (non-kinect) games that it can't play at the moment and I'm sure your girls will never even touch those games

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is good news , then there are kinect games that play w/ the update?? sorry guys , i thought this new protection didnt allow you to use or play or burn kinnect games. so some will play?

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated dash and all old games are working ,great, but are there any kinnect games i icould burn that are not ap25 protected to test the kinnect or do i just have to wait til lt+. if i try to test like kinnect sports , will it ban me and lastly and most importantly , when the fix comes out how will it work , can we apply it via usb or dvd , or will the xbox need to be opened again and the dvd drive flashed w/ all the bs iforgot how to do thanks

damon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you need the new dashboard, but you can take it from the original kinect adventures bundled with the original kinect system . and you should be fine

regards

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the dash from microsoft usb install, here are my only questions up to this point
w/ the lite on drive
1 which 360 games are ap2.5 protected
2 if you put in an ap2.5 protected game will it just ban u or could it brick you (these new games, when they ask u to update, its just updating the dash right)
3 when LT+ is released, will it be a software hack that we can use as a boot dick or something or will we need to take apart xbox and flash the dvd drive again

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.