Homebrew Can't get DSMaps to work

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I've just downloaded the last version 0.2.1a which was abandoned in 2008 and as with you I got the controls plus "Connecting to access point..." on the bottom screen and a grey screen on top but I pressed the left arrow on my dpad and have "Downloading..." on that. I know my Wi-Fi works. Launching via Moonshell gets a bit more response (the downloading disappears after a few seconds) but nothing more. I suspect that google has made changes to it's Google Maps Keyhole Server so this programme has become obsolete. You would need to get hold of the source code and find a programmer to get this project up and running again.

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just downloaded the last version 0.2.1a which was abandoned in 2008 and as with you I got the controls plus "Connecting to access point..." on the bottom screen and a grey screen on top but I pressed the left arrow on my dpad and have "Downloading..." on that. I know my Wi-Fi works. Launching via Moonshell gets a bit more response (the downloading disappears after a few seconds) but nothing more. I suspect that google has made changes to it's Google Maps Keyhole Server so this programme has become obsolete. You would need to get hold of the source code and find a programmer to get this project up and running again.

That sounds about right Maybe that's it thanks for everybody's help.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

That sounds about right Maybe that's it thanks for everybody's help.
I did discover that DSMaps did download stuff but what it was and what it did I don't know. It created a new folder in the root of my card called DSMaps and then created a few more folder with files with a .GMT but what they are and what they do are anyones guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0